number6's Elubatel Success Thread

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
number6

number6's Elubatel Success Thread

Post#1 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:28 pm

I too believe I’ve has success with Elubatel…

Listen…

I consider myself a n00b-o-phyte still with regards to ceremonial magick. I had been working through the rudimentary Kraig book (vilified by some, recommended by others, but I digress) and practicing banishings and middle pillar exercises, when I find many posts on this forum regarding Elubatel and success. Of particular interest to me was Vovin’s excellent exchange found here http://www.studioarcanis.com/viewtopic ... 3987#p3987 . I have been in serious financial stress for the last couple of years, desperate for a steady job, and so I decided to try for an appeal to Elubatel, even though I was (and still am ;) ) quite inexperienced at practical magick.

I based my ritual on a synthesis of posts found here at EM, and also naturally on the NAP book. Using a double-cube altar adorned with rudimentary elemental tools, for one week on the waxing moon I prepared with a Relaxation, LBRP, BRH, middle pillar, then to the opening NAP ritual (the arzael bit) and the Bornless ritual as outlined in the NAP. I then made a simple appeal to Elubatel, asking at first for a specific position at a specific company at which I’d already applied. As the full moon approached, I altered my request to a more generalized “employment at a real company with benefits, etc.”

On the night of the full moon, I really performed the whole shebang as “enflamed with prayer” as I could muster. I had been living on rice and beans (oatmeal in the morning ;) ) for a long time, and had no sweet treats to offer as a thanks, although I did dedicate extra incense for Elubatel during this time.

This was in March 2010. For several months I was able to pick up the odd temp job or under-the-table project, but nothing even close to my “target” request/demand, so I sort of wrote it off to being too much of a probationer to expect much.

Then, last February, I get a call from a prospective employer. (This entire time I had been sending out resumes daily—magick doesn’t happen to the idle, from what I’ve read, and certainly based on the post cited above Elubatel ignores the idle…) I take the interview, it goes a lot like the dozens I’d had over the past year.

A week follows, then I get an email from the company asking for confirmation of my name as it appears on my driver’s license, because:

--they want to fly me out for training
--limo to and from the airport
--plush hotel room
--per diem
--all expenses paid
--job with benefits, full medical/dental.401k
--choice of shift and days off (so’s I can keep the band I’m in ;) )
--paid time off
--no drug test ( number6 likes the occasional toke)
--no dress code (number6 is an old hippie, and the company is staffed by the pierced and tattooed )

“FUCKIN A “ sez I …I finally made it!!

I’m typing this up on my last day at the hotel where they put me up. I return tomorrow, employed, badged, paid, and grateful as hell.

The day before I embarked, I dedicated a special ritual to Elubatel, full of thanks, and this time with an offering of my favorite dried fruit and chocolate.

I feel that the lag in time is likely due to the points outlined in Vovin’s post: Elubated grants to those who try to help themselves and/or who have sacrificed. My forced diet of simple foods yielded a weight loss of 80 lbs over the course of the last year, so that, coupled with my n00bness, I think resulted in almost a year passing until I got results.

…or, maybe it’s all just dumb luck. I prefer to know that magick works though; I’ll leave it to you, dear reader, to decide for yourself!

hecate8
Zelator

Re: number6's Elubatel Success Thread

Post#2 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:04 pm

It's hard to know how much coincidence, our non magical efforts, or the magic itself plays in our successes. The most important part is the success itself, and I'm glad you got that, even if it took awhile.
Free or drug free? America can't be both!

Gilbertopb
Magister Templi

Post#3 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:57 am

Congrats number6!
A nice work.
You did the magick and did your own homework too. ;)

Avathar behemoth
Adeptus Major

Post#4 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:10 pm

Why is this old thread resurrected?

hecate8
Zelator

Post#5 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:05 pm

Because I have permission to. Complain to the admins if you don't want responses to old threads.
Free or drug free? America can't be both!