NAP Ritual Outline Discussion

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
vovin
Adeptus Exemptus

NAP Ritual Outline Discussion

Post#1 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:16 am

The NAP Ritual itself is a deep relaxation type of rite and then you practice the Central Pillar Rite which is from the Golden Dawn's "Middle Pillar Exercise" and charge the five sephiroth. Then use the Fountain technique and finally the Headless One invocation to get yourself thoroughly charged up. then you use one of the chants and I read the ones I wanted three times along with vibrating the Names of the Spirits from the chants. I personaly open with prayer and the LBRP.

nectanebus3 makes some good points:

Some hints about NAP:
1. Don't perform any 1 ritual for more than a month! The pendulum swings in the opposite direction and you will notice some bad luck coming your way if you do.
2. Try to perform 1 type of ritual everyday at the same time. If you miss a day because something comes up is fine. It will just take longer to get results.
3. Each spirit is under a planetary influence. This means if you work with Jupiter in the Power Gates you will attract people under the sign of Pisces (they will like you). Your planetary force rules that sign. Those under the sign of Gemini will not like you and may become your enemy. Mr Gray-Cobb does not mention this in his book. Godwins Cabalistic Encyclopedia will show you which zodiac signs you will rule when you work with a planetary force. My testing has found this to be true.
4. The book is great for these fast paced times we are in. It does not take a lot of preparation work like other forms of sorcery/magick. However, the Power Gates are so strong you may feel under mental strain if you work with Saturn (deep sorrow). The rituals need improvements such as LBRP or other forms of protection. The book call on angelic forces outside oneself. You need all the protection you can get. I would almost suggest setting up a circle of protection with blessings such as in Witchcraft.

I would disagree with those on this board that think this is just visualization. I don't visualize well and have not gotten good results with visualization. This book seems 3 to 4 times stronger than my visualization alone.
Vovin
Remember 'For the Man of Religion, Believes in God, The Magician, Knows God.'
(Ars Solomonis)

nectanebus3

Re: NAP Ritual Outline Discussion

Post#2 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:23 pm

Vovin makes a good point. The next step is really to study Israel Regardie's material. A good share of information comes from his sources. I really don't want to discuss any of my latest research because I'm hoping to get my own occult book out in 1-5 years. Cobb's book is a starting point for me in my research. A buddy of mine has got 2 science fiction books out in print and working on his third. I figure if he can do it I need to get a book out as well.

I recommend everyone join a group if at all possible: Freemasons, Rosicrucians or a local pagan group. Fellowship with believers like yourself is priceless.

D:. I:. 2:.

splfr
Practicus

Post#3 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:40 pm

Nectanebus3 mentioned that:

3. Each spirit is under a planetary influence. This means if you work with Jupiter in the Power Gates you will attract people under the sign of Pisces (they will like you). Your planetary force rules that sign. Those under the sign of Gemini will not like you and may become your enemy. Mr Gray-Cobb does not mention this in his book. Godwins Cabalistic Encyclopedia will show you which zodiac signs you will rule when you work with a planetary force. My testing has found this to be true.

(Sorry, don't know how to quote here.... :mrgreen: )

OK, if each spirit is under a planetary influence, then should I contact these spirits only when their respective planet is well dignified or at least not retrograde? Or this simply doesn't matters in this case?

I'll really appreciate any light shed on this topic.

Thanks,

SPL

Virtual Grace
Zelator

Post#4 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:54 pm

Just hit the little "Quote" button silly! *S*

I would say this doesn't matter as much as your need. If the spirit governs your need, work from there. I'm not an expert and would never claim to be, but it seems to me if one worries unduly about a spirit's influence and being limited by colors and times and phases and planets and all of that, then one would naturally have a less satisfying experience with the results. Try viewing the spirits as more powerful than any contributory influence and I think you will have better results.

Anyone?

splfr
Practicus

Post#5 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:44 pm

Virtual Grace,

Thanks for your insightful comments, I think you pointed the right direction for me, at the end what really matters is the spirit and his/her powers, disregarding our "human limitations".

Maybe a little off-topic, do you think that “rule” can also be applied to the general evocation of planetary spirits, i.e. to evoke(or invoke) them disregarding how well dignified it is or if it is retrograde. Just, want to confirm your point or view, maybe you are not an expert but is clear that have experience to share

By the way, last time the "quote" button wasn't working well (well , actually I have to blame it! :mrgreen: )
SPL

nectanebus3

Post#6 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:36 pm

In regards to the planetary influence that splfr brought up, each planet rules a zodiac sign. It does not matter what time of year you are in. There may be times in the year where it is stronger, but I haven't found it to be that noticeable. To control Jupiter means to control the sign of Pisces. Attempting to control a lottery with a Jupiter power gate, may give you success with a Pisces girlfriend or boyfriend. That means you will be favorable with people under that sign. Cobb didn't mention this, but I found out on my own as I kept a "black book" to track all the happenings of the rituals.

I am working on some hybrid magic using some of Cobb's material and standard evocation or invocation. I hope to discuss that after I test.

You can make specific changes to Cobb's rituals to improve their effectiveness. Research the genii in Crowley's 777. Cobb got his genius of love from that table. They can be referenced in the Dictionary of Angels. You can now write some new NAP rituals of your own. I should post some new creations to this group in about 2 weeks.

I haven't been posting as much. My new job keeping inventory is exhausting. Think I am doing the work of 2 people.

D:. I:. 2:.

splfr
Practicus

Post#7 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:51 pm

Hi Nectanebus,

Very wise your approach and is evident your command of the planetary and zodiacal relationships, this shows your hardwork!

The point of the "hybrid" magic is a very important one, is good a reminder to think out of the box.

Regards,

SPL

Virtual Grace
Zelator

Post#8 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:58 pm

splfr wrote:Virtual Grace,

Thanks for your insightful comments, I think you pointed the right direction for me, at the end what really matters is the spirit and his/her powers, disregarding our "human limitations".

Maybe a little off-topic, do you think that “rule” can also be applied to the general evocation of planetary spirits, i.e. to evoke(or invoke) them disregarding how well dignified it is or if it is retrograde. Just, want to confirm your point or view, maybe you are not an expert but is clear that have experience to share

By the way, last time the "quote" button wasn't working well (well , actually I have to blame it! :mrgreen: )
SPL

Well, I honestly don't know. I think that the spirit should be powerful enough to provide results regardless of those considerations, but I would think that if you could correlate them to the desired purpose and sphere of influence, you would generate a much more powerful response.

splfr
Practicus

Post#9 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:11 pm

Good point, as it seems it all depends on the magician and the spirit and its sphere of influence, doesn't matters anything else.

SPL

Virtual Grace
Zelator

Post#10 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:48 pm

Man, it seems like this thread has crapped-out. I'm wishing Vovin hadn't locked that other thread.

This has been a great topic.