NAP Ritual Outline Discussion

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

shadowflame
Zelator

Re: NAP Ritual Outline Discussion

Post#31 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:57 am

Vovin wrote:nectanebus3 makes some good points:

Some hints about NAP:
1. Don't perform any 1 ritual for more than a month! The pendulum swings in the opposite direction and you will notice some bad luck coming your way if you do.

hi, i'd just like to pose few quick questions concerning this qoute:
did anyone other then nectanebus3 experience bad luck at doing nap ritual or chant for more then a month?
if yes, how long do you have to wait before doing them again?
and does banishing help in avoiding this?

Topic author
vovin
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#32 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:13 am

I dont think the statement above is very accurate at all.. Why would you experience bad luck? If anything nothing would happen.. In my opinion if you are trying to do a spell over and over for a month and it doesnt work. Something should be telling you that either what you want is not in you immediate sphere of influence or you really shouldnt be doing it... I do understand that bigger workings rely on bigger workings and time to achieve.. I have always maintained that the NAP spirits are not stupid, you repeating the spell like a mantra everyday is not going to make it manifest any faster. Do the spell for a few days.. Give it a rest and then in a couple of weeks re-evaluate the situation.. Most of the time the working or situation would have resolved being succesful or you will realise that it wasnt neccesary in the first place...

V
Vovin
Remember 'For the Man of Religion, Believes in God, The Magician, Knows God.'
(Ars Solomonis)

Grab
Adeptus Minor

Post#33 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:09 pm

I remember reading something in one of the Olde Hermetic texts about everything being a pendulum... if you spell for good luck a lot then after a while the pendulum is coming back bringing the opposite. Luckily I don't take everything written as Truth. :mrgreen:
".. nothing but infinite chaos, stochastically dragged into existence by each and every observer according to their predispositions, and by manipulating these .."
(quoted from http://www.spiralnature.com/magick/chaosvseclectic/).

shadowflame
Zelator

Post#34 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:11 pm

thanks, it's just that i spotted vovins original post where it was said that it's good advice, and i haven't used any of the chants or rituals for more than a month, and i know that sometimes magick rituals will have unexpected side effects. but yeah, thanks for clarifications :D

Topic author
vovin
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#35 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:14 pm

I am glad you brought that up as you only aimed in on one of his points.. :)

V
Vovin
Remember 'For the Man of Religion, Believes in God, The Magician, Knows God.'
(Ars Solomonis)