New to NAP start here

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Grab
Adeptus Minor

Re: New to NAP start here

Post#31 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:58 pm

Any idea how the Goetia spirits compare to the GV / Honorious spirits in terms of absolute power and/or ease of working with them for practical results? Goetia doesn't have great Lucifer, for instance, which may, or may not, tell something about the relative power of the other spirits in the same book where he's found.

Speaking of Enochian, I think I remember seeing an Enochian sounding spirit name in NAP actually. Maybe just reminded of it.

Menxeperset

Post#32 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:07 pm

Grab wrote:Any idea how the Goetia spirits compare to the GV / Honorious spirits in terms of absolute power and/or ease of working with them for practical results? Goetia doesn't have great Lucifer, for instance, which may, or may not, tell something about the relative power of the other spirits in the same book where he's found.
Speaking of Enochian, I think I remember seeing an Enochian sounding spirit name in NAP actually. Maybe just reminded of it.

It's an interesting question. I think a lot depends on the strength of the subjective synthesis made with the a given system. Elements of Enochian have spread throughout many styles of western magic. I think, as a system in its own right (even if some of the system has been lost), Enochian is undeniably powerful--enough to serve as a power source for other systems. For instance, the Watchtower Ritual, the sephira of Da'ath (2nd from the top) in the Middle Pillar, etc. The calls rewritten by LaVey are controversial (and royally pissed Regardie off). Yet they are powerful nonetheless. Tyson includes a "Black Chant" at the end of his Grimoire of the Necronomicon that is quite potent if done with sincerity--and that grimoire is almost wholly egregoric and derived to a certain extent from the Hay Nec. published by Scoob.

Mxs

Notdeadyet
Neophyte

Post#33 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:38 am

i have what you might say a nice little nest egg! but would i be selfish/greedy if i were to use a spell to win lets say on the grand national? or to win a tidy some on the lottery? i was thinking that with not being short of money the spirits would not be in my favour like if i was in debt!

Somniphobia
Zelator

Post#34 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:52 am

Yeah, I am asking myself the same question... But even if you have a small amount of income you lack happiness... At least I do... Maybe that is the reason for the spirits/beings to help and to aid you...?

darkblade_x_p

Post#35 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:17 pm

SO, i started with the NAP a few days ago..and while saying the Power ritual I fell almost asleep..felt really relaxed...then i said an incantation and while doing this i felt as if i were sitting on a throne dressed in royal garb. Next i could hear women next to my ear but they were kind of arguing..in a fast but monotone voice..i "looked" over at them in my imagination..i was acknowledged by them but they kept on debating. I then refocused on repeating the incantation which i did for several times after.

Just sharing my experience and asking for any assistance one may think I need? :)

darkblade_x_p

Post#36 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:55 pm

Somniphobia wrote:Yeah, I am asking myself the same question... But even if you have a small amount of income you lack happiness... At least I do... Maybe that is the reason for the spirits/beings to help and to aid you...?

Get as much as you can while realising it is a means to an end, I think we've been conditioned to think that having lots of $$ means we're somehow selfish or something. However if you look at the richest people in the world they're out there making incredible contributions to human kind...of course there are those who are not as rich and still contributing..all im saying is..money is wonderful for the things it can do..so lets gets as much as we can to do those things we want to use it for and then use the rest of the time in pursuits of our highest natures..hope that made sense...

Somniphobia
Zelator

Post#37 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:16 am

Good point darkblade... :)

darkblade_x_p

Post#38 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:52 pm

Hey guys ,,as I said...new to Nap..been working on a ritual of love to rekindle interest in partner, now while I feel a general sense of calm where before it was unbridled nervousness and fear, there's been very little change in her..should i continue with the same ritual and keep on at it or change or add another ritual to my day..one along similar lines??

For eg. Perfrom LBRP MPR NAP ritual then say ...Chant to excite love AND Incantation to rekindle interest???

looking forward to your helps.

IronOrchid
Adeptus Major

Post#39 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:43 pm

Notdeadyet wrote:i have what you might say a nice little nest egg! but would i be selfish/greedy if i were to use a spell to win lets say on the grand national? or to win a tidy some on the lottery?

Everybody who buys a ticket or places a bet is hoping to win, so that line has already been crossed in my opinion - using your abilities or whatever is just an addition, but you've already made a bid and taken a positive action to attemtp to acquire more money.

IOx
"...there's no such thing as the unknown. Only things temporarily hidden, temporarily not understood."
Captain James T Kirk

Somniphobia
Zelator

Post#40 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:25 am

I posted here about this subject a while ago, but now i have some more questions and maybe i am a little worried about my ideas... First of all i really followed the advice given to me by Menx (ty once again) and i now focused on translating all the chants, invocations etc. into my native language, because i feel it will make greater impact on my works and hopefully also the results of that effort. I decided to focus on my workings with NAP and also MG. Now i am translating the invocations but it is somehow difficult to translate all word by word, so i am somehow changing some word order and i think that will not interfere or make the chants useless. Correct me if i am wrong. I also posess the MG and i am really fascinated by those simple and yet powerful rituals and i also printed out the Kit (thank you Butterball). Now i would like to ask if it is acceptable to perform NAp rituals in a more ˝stylish˝ way? By ˝stylish˝ i mean to somehow follow some MG and also Goethic procedures (the circle, lots of candles for the atmosphere, the robes, the altar, the incense etc.), because i feel it would really effect the energy i gather to perform the ritual... I really feel i must achieve something with NAP because that book really sucked me in completely, i find it really easy and awsome and all the positive comments about all the success are just increasing my faith in Cobb (or Malak) and his workings... I decided to start from scratch after the failure with my first attempt with Nitika.
I find both the NAP and MG systems unique but also really similar so i would really like to know if the combination of both would work with a little use of visualisation and a little bit of ˝theatrics˝ Thank you in advance! :)