New to NAP start here

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

roxthefox
Neophyte

Re: New to NAP start here

Post#51 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:53 pm

Brotherbutterball, but it is ok to share our rituals/magickal results with those within the occult, no? Since we are all here talking about our NAP rituals. Also, Cobb specifies to perform one spell a day for better results. I'm performing several spells for employment within my ritual (the attracting rituals with planetary colors as well as the chant for success for the employment, coupled with the central pillar, uncrossing and Dee-Hay-Thooth invocation). Just want to clarify if this is ok?

On a side note, it's a pleasure finally speaking to you. I truly admire your informative posts!

BrotherButterball
Adeptus Major

Post#52 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:06 pm

roxthefox wrote:Brotherbutterball, but it is ok to share our rituals/magickal results with those within the occult, no? Since we are all here talking about our NAP rituals. Also, Cobb specifies to perform one spell a day for better results. I'm performing several spells for employment within my ritual (the attracting rituals with planetary colors as well as the chant for success for the employment, coupled with the central pillar, uncrossing and Dee-Hay-Thooth invocation). Just want to clarify if this is ok?

On a side note, it's a pleasure finally speaking to you. I truly admire your informative posts!

Thank you, RoxTheFox,

For asking such good questions.

Asking excellent questions is the beginning of knowledge.

You sound like me early in my magical studies.

I could not resist performing several spells and rituals at the same time.

However, if you can focus on one intent (magical goal)

and execute your magical working and have awareness

you will achieve results and be more effective.

Keep trying and keep a record book of your results.

Build upon any success that you may have.

Think of this as a snowball rolling down hill.

It builds momentum.

This is an example of a thoughtform.

Tim
blackanddarkmagickthatworks.wordpress.com

supernaturalmagicklab.wordpress.com

youcandomagicthatworks.wordpress.com

roxthefox
Neophyte

Post#53 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:23 pm

Thank you BBB! I just want to make sure I'm not getting in over my head. Cobb does present two spells for the same purpose (chant for success as well as the attracting ritual). So I performed both of them together (for the same intent), hoping to maximize the effectiveness.

Ariel
Neophyte

Post#54 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:37 pm

[quote="Fio Praeter Humanus"]The book sounds like total bunk to me, but a lot of people are talking about it, some who opinion I trust, so I decided to check it out. Found a copy for $3 off amazon, and have spent the last week reading it over.

Question asked below..........
Last edited by Ariel on Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ariel
Neophyte

Post#55 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:50 pm

by Ariel on Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:37 pm

Fio Praeter Humanus wrote:
The book sounds like total bunk to me, but a lot of people are talking about it, some who opinion I trust, so I decided to check it out. Found a copy for $3 off amazon, and have spent the last week reading it over.

The book is completely hokey, reads like a info commercial, and reminds me of those ads I used to see in the back of comic books when I was a kid. But if you read between the lines it contains a great secret to magick. I am not even sure if the author knew that he knew it or it was a complete accident, but regardless there it is. It is the same secret that I AM told me so long ago and I didn't understand it because it was just too simple.

...................................................................................................................................................

Do you not plan to share what you have discovered with us???

And, when you say I AM, is this a corporeal person or the I AM that all of us have going for us?

Thank you

Would love to hear more :mrgreen:
Last edited by Ariel on Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ariel
Neophyte

Post#56 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:44 pm

Fio Praeter Humanus wrote:Is anyone else creeped out by the authors floating head on the back cover?

:Thank You :rofl

Grab
Adeptus Minor

Post#57 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:08 am

Ariel wrote:
It is the same secret that I AM told me so long ago and I didn't understand it because it was just too simple.

...................................................................................................................................................

And, when you say I AM, is this a corporeal person or the I AM that all of us have going for us?

Thank you

I AM was a person posting on another forum OF many years ago, he was very generous in spreading his understanding of magick. He used to advice me on many things magical in PM and elsewhere - sadly I lost all the PMs when that forum was hacked.

I am also curious what he told you, Fio Praeter Humanus, it's too much teasing not to tell at this point. :)
".. nothing but infinite chaos, stochastically dragged into existence by each and every observer according to their predispositions, and by manipulating these .."
(quoted from http://www.spiralnature.com/magick/chaosvseclectic/).

Ariel
Neophyte

Post#58 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:10 am

Grab wrote:
Ariel wrote:
It is the same secret that I AM told me so long ago and I didn't understand it because it was just too simple.

Thank you

I AM was a person posting on another forum OF many years ago, he was very generous in spreading his understanding of magick. He used to advice me on many things magical in PM and elsewhere - sadly I lost all the PMs when that forum was hacked.

I am also curious what he told you, Fio Praeter Humanus, it's too much teasing not to tell at this point. :)

Hi Grab!

Thanks for the info, and unified effort to get the in on this here secret info.... :whistle ......Hah Hah Hah!

NiBo
Neophyte

Post#59 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:08 am

Im invoking my Magic Mentor, in order to do so do I need to have my astral senses open or not?
My astral senses are not open and in the book Geoff Gray-Cobb says "listen" to your mind(for this I dont need astral senses, and last time i was doing NAP- invoking MM I didnt really got any response. I only got tickling of the and), this litlle confuses me as I have read other peoples expirience with Magic Mentor and if I understand them correctly they could her him. Should I demand to hear his voice or thought train?

Omnis Validus
Praeceptor
Praeceptor

Post#60 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:52 am

NiBo wrote:Im invoking my Magic Mentor, in order to do so do I need to have my astral senses open or not?
My astral senses are not open and in the book Geoff Gray-Cobb says "listen" to your mind(for this I dont need astral senses, and last time i was doing NAP- invoking MM I didnt really got any response. I only got tickling of the and), this litlle confuses me as I have read other peoples expirience with Magic Mentor and if I understand them correctly they could her him. Should I demand to hear his voice or thought train?

Reread page 81, "WHAT TO DO AND SAY WHEN YOU MEET YOUR MAGIC MENTOR."

Practice of this exercise, and work in general with this section of the book, will improve your ability to converse with spirits over time (as long as you commit yourself to it's application).

X
Ex Mea Sententia.