Elubatel: Command or Be Grateful?

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

O Delano
Zelator

Re: Elubatel: Command or Be Grateful?

Post#51 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:52 am

Clayfield wrote:I promised to update on my new approach. As detailed in this thread, I'd felt uneasy commanding Elubatel, so I switched to commanding, feeling great authority but with strong respect. The rituals were amazing - they felt overwhelmingly powerful and I was sure that the exact results I'd requested were heading my way.

But, today, I found out that the success I requested has not come to pass. This was one of those plain and simple success or failure scenarios. It's not like I asked for $10,000 and only received $10. I asked for a particular success, which was within my sphere of influence and only required a slight magical nudge - or so I thought. But nothing happened. I wasn't lusting for result, but felt a genuine faith that everything would come to pass. I am truly shocked at this result.

And I am a little mystified. So many people here have great success with Elubatel, but I never get anywhere and I'd love to know why. For now, I remain mystified.

I understand about being mystified by this, Clayfield. A few weeks ago, I did the Chant for Success calling upon Elubatel. I did it at a different location than I normally do, but I don't see how that would have affected things. Either way, I did the Chant with the intent of having better luck and fortune in general. The next 2 days were absolute hell. I'm not kidding. I could not do ANYTHING right. Absolutely NOTHING at my job went right. A severe depression I've been suffering through flared up really badly for those two days, leaving me an emotional wreck. I couldn't even have fun doing something as simple as playing a damn videogame. It sucked, and I couldn't find any relief from it. After those two days things went back to normal which, while not that great, was much desired over those two days.

The thing is, I have NO idea what happened or what went wrong. I did the NAP ritual and the chant correctly. If you believe Gray-Cobb about it, then the worst that should have happened was nothing. Then again, maybe it really didn't work and I simply happened to have a run of bad luck. I even tried asking Elubatel, but I couldn't get a clear answer that made sense.
Last edited by O Delano on Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Noone
Practicus

Post#52 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:23 pm

/
Last edited by Noone on Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By using any of the knowledge.

You are laid under a binding geas to use it for constructive magic working for the liberation of the universe.

Otherwise you WILL be surrounded by happieness and thus neutralizing the evil!

Zoe
Zelator

Post#53 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:33 pm

Maybe you didn't have Elubaitel's attention. Gray-Cobb tells us that we should perform the chant/invocation every day or every other day. If Elubaitel showed up every time, you'd think he'd just need to hear what you want once. Maybe using incense or binaural beats/etc. would help put you into a state of mind where you can get through to him; I think that's the real point of the NAP ritual, to put us into a state of mind where our message gets through. BBB consistently gets results, and it's probably because he has any easy time getting on the "wavelength" to be heard by these spirits.

MagiAwen
Adeptus Major

Post#54 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:31 pm

Last edited by MagiAwen on Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live lightly.

Topic author
Clayfield
Neophyte

Post#55 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:50 am

Interesting stuff. Could astrological influences have a hand? I thought the point of NAP was that we didn't have to worry about such things. As for stress, it was the same as ever; high, but not horribly so. (For the record, I go very, very deeply relaxed when doing NAP rituals - I find that simply reading the thing out loud sends me way deeper than hours of Holosynch, meditation or anything else I've ever tried. It's like magic!)

O Delano, I had a similar reaction. In fact I was crushed by depression in the last two or three days. I came out the other side, but it was the worst thing I've been through in a long, long time. It's worth noting that, despite the depression, I was not lusting for the result of this ritual. I was as successfully detached as I've ever been. But something put me through the grinder.

Is this Elubatel's doing? If I'm reading some of the other posts correctly, there seems to be a lot of, "Elubatel will know what's best for you". I may be reading that incorrectly, but if not, then is this the sort of entity I want to use for success? I'm looking for a little extra success and I get apparent failure and horrible mental effects. That's a bit too confronting for a book of results. Perhaps I should just stick to Nitika and get ready cash - which always seems to work very easily.

I'm also confused because I thought the reason that we do evocation (or one of the reasons), is that we are making decisions for ourselves - we are saying that we don't want things to happen randomly, or because of others' wishes; we are deciding what should happen, and we are seeking help from an entity, and commanding that entity with the authority of God. We decide what we want, we do some magic to get it. And, as such, no entity has the right to step in and say, "Hold on, I know better. You don't need that, you need a mental breakdown." This strikes me as putting Elubatel up there with God and saying that he knows what's best for me. Maybe he does, but if so, I have a lot of rethinking to do, especially regarding NAP.

Interestingly, about ten minutes before I got the call telling me that the ritual had not delivered the success I sought, I had a fleeting thought - "I don't really want that result anyway." It felt like somebody else's thought, not mine, because I hadn't even been thinking about the project in question. It felt curious, but passed, and I forgot about it until just now. Who knows where cause ends and effect begins.

Noone
Practicus

Post#56 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:39 am

/
Last edited by Noone on Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You are laid under a binding geas to use it for constructive magic working for the liberation of the universe.

BrotherButterball
Adeptus Major

Post#57 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:49 am

Before you give up and quit magic altogether.

I would suggest that you do a cleansing of the NAP book itself

for old and past spirit attachments.

And regarding your doubts, I had the same doubts

and what seemed like bad luck for a short time.

However, I worked through these, and arrived

on the other side.

I would also suggest that you perform some sort of

banishing and do this more often.

Banishing is an important and integral part of magical

and spiritual workings.

Tim
blackanddarkmagickthatworks.wordpress.com

supernaturalmagicklab.wordpress.com

youcandomagicthatworks.wordpress.com

Topic author
Clayfield
Neophyte

Post#58 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:42 am

Thanks Noone. I should have noticed 31st October.

Thanks Tim. It is really good to hear that doubts and bad luck can pass with persistence.

I should add that this is in all relation to NAP, not magic generally. I've been doing one form of magic or another, on and off, for about thirty years. I come across as such a noob because I am a noob when it comes to NAP and most other systems. I'm from a place where we had access to very few books, and even fewer experienced magicians, so we made all our magic up. Some of it worked. Some of it created the exact opposite result - which still felt like we were tinkering with reality. So magic has been a huge part of my life, and some of the processes I worked with have been pretty good, if limited. Evocation itself, in the way it's discussed in this forum, is relatively new to me. But when I first read about NAP it just called out to me. Nitika delivered brilliantly. With Elubatel, it's been a ride, so far. But that's OK.

I do banish. LBRP. Would you suggest more than that, or an alternative?

BrotherButterball
Adeptus Major

Post#59 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:19 am

Clayfield,

There are banishings available to you such as I Am's Solar Banishing

which many swear by and the Kingdom of Flames exorcism

which worked for me. Test these and see if they work for you.

Tim
blackanddarkmagickthatworks.wordpress.com

supernaturalmagicklab.wordpress.com

youcandomagicthatworks.wordpress.com

Noone
Practicus

Post#60 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:21 pm

/
Last edited by Noone on Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.