luck

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
Grab
Adeptus Minor

luck

Post#1 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:38 pm

Actually reminder to someone here but I'll throw it out for the general public:

Which of the spells in NAP is best suited to surround yourself with that "omg I can't believe how lucky I am all the time!"
".. nothing but infinite chaos, stochastically dragged into existence by each and every observer according to their predispositions, and by manipulating these .."
(quoted from http://www.spiralnature.com/magick/chaosvseclectic/).

IronOrchid
Adeptus Major

Re: luck

Post#2 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:36 pm

I can't help but think it depends on the individual - maybe a stockborker or someone whose carreer and life is about chance, it'd be Labezerin, for me Elubatel came through with some good stuff, and Arzel the most because I started chanelling "luck" etc through my own (NA or whatever) power.

Suck it and see! :D

IOx
"...there's no such thing as the unknown. Only things temporarily hidden, temporarily not understood."
Captain James T Kirk

Topic author
Grab
Adeptus Minor

Post#3 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:54 pm

Nice. What about the planetary invocations?
".. nothing but infinite chaos, stochastically dragged into existence by each and every observer according to their predispositions, and by manipulating these .."

IronOrchid
Adeptus Major

Post#4 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:16 pm

Jupiter, Sol & Mercury (for the flow aspect) I would think. :thinking

No expert there though, at all. 8-)

IOx
"...there's no such thing as the unknown. Only things temporarily hidden, temporarily not understood."
Captain James T Kirk

FuerzaDivino
Neophyte

Post#5 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:05 pm

I think that angels scrutinize our attitude if we are good or bad , the more we are good in heart NAP will works tremendously so the angels willingly to assist us in our endeavours. Here the tip try NAP starts on Friday then complete consecutive 49 days.
The primary Keys in order the NAP works its power, are the Holy Names of God. Please have great respect and devotion with it.

Topic author
Grab
Adeptus Minor

Post#6 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:29 pm

define good. define bad. no wait, please don't, it's a random and futile exercise. :D

Menxeperset

Post#7 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:36 pm

Grab wrote:define good. define bad. no wait, please don't, it's a random and futile exercise. :D

Agreed. Although sometimes it may be unavoidable, one always appreciates it when posts try to avoid moving from the mystical/magical into the devotional/religious. :toss

FuerzaDivino
Neophyte

Post#8 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:26 am

The more devotional/religious of spiritualist is formidable and stronger one.

hitman
Adeptus Minor

Post#9 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:43 am

I disagree. Some of the best magicians have been deeply religious. It added to their practice, didn't take away from it. And vice versa, I would think. A magician of the Middle Ages wouldn't have made a big deal of seperating the two, except in speech so as to avoid execution or arrest. He would have seen it as using a certain set of techniques in order to get in contact with some of the beings that his religion talks about.
And if we read the grimoires, the authors themselves show a moralistic idea of good and bad at times.
In modern times it might be vogue to say "there is no good and bad" but that's dumb. People might disagree as what constitutes good and bad action,but that doesn't mean that we should shout down those who have the balls to have beliefs and talk about them.
I mean c'mon, this is like throwing a fit everytime somebody brings up karma. People today get so caught up in political correctness and the worship of themselves that they forget that people do not make the rules. Gravity, inertia, genetic predisposition to avoid certain behaviors, and many other things were all around way before humans.

Menxeperset wrote:
Grab wrote:define good. define bad. no wait, please don't, it's a random and futile exercise. :D

Agreed. Although sometimes it may be unavoidable, one always appreciates it when posts try to avoid moving from the mystical/magical into the devotional/religious. :toss

Topic author
Grab
Adeptus Minor

Post#10 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:03 pm

Thank you Manxeperset.

As for planets I agree about Sun and Jupiter, and don't know if Mercury or not, but thinking maybe Venus also have a part?

BTW, I think the Labezerin spell could be spot on, if only changing slightly the wording (or keep it but ignore in the held intent)?

Finding a good new job, for instance, would require some luck, not as much as winning the lottery but still some. How much depends on many factors, like experience and availability etc... but it's a good example where luck would be useful.