I have a question...

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
DarkScribe
Neophyte

I have a question...

Post#1 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:35 pm

Ok...I'm noobiest person here. I haven't even composed introduction yet. I'm not even sure if this is the right place for this question. I have been doing the NAP relaxation for maybe a week that I got off a pdf. (My actual book should be here any day now.) That has been fine. But yesterday I did the uncrossing ritual from NAP, the relaxation, The Middle Pillar (as described by Regardie), a shortened Bornless, since I don't have it all memorized yet and another uncrossing. I haven't done the Middle Pillar before yesterday. The sensation was similar to some taijiquan and qigong that I have done, but today I feel prickly all over. Not all at once. It seems to move around. It's not unpleasant. Actually I kind of like it, but it's more intense than the tingling feeling while doing the ritual as it feel like tiny needles. Is this normal? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Menxeperset

Re: I have a question...

Post#2 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:59 pm

DarkScribe wrote:Ok...I'm noobiest person here. I haven't even composed introduction yet. I'm not even sure if this is the right place for this question. I have been doing the NAP relaxation for maybe a week that I got off a pdf. (My actual book should be here any day now.) That has been fine. But yesterday I did the uncrossing ritual from NAP, the relaxation, The Middle Pillar (as described by Regardie), a shortened Bornless, since I don't have it all memorized yet and another uncrossing. I haven't done the Middle Pillar before yesterday. The sensation was similar to some taijiquan and qigong that I have done, but today I feel prickly all over. Not all at once. It seems to move around. It's not unpleasant. Actually I kind of like it, but it's more intense than the tingling feeling while doing the ritual as it feel like tiny needles. Is this normal? Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks

DS,

One explanation may be that, for lack of a better term, your "energetic metabolism" has to adjust. These rituals raise your energy and release counterproductive attachments. This allows you to take in more of what you do want. But your body is not so used to this particular frequency. Back in the early 1990s, when I started doing GD daily rituals, I had already been practicing some Vietnamese style iron palm techniques that involved chi gong. So I know what it feels like to go from that kind of internal work to this. If these feelings start to interfere with your daily life, I would scale back to just doing the uncrossing ritual (or why not just do the LBRP or the Star Ruby?) in the morning for a while until you get used to it. Don't set out to memorize it. Just do it until you have it memorized automatically. Then you should have adequately balanced yourself. There is no hurry. Enjoy it, observe your own process, journal about it.

Best,

Mxs

Kappa
Zelator

Post#3 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:21 pm

I think it's probably normal. I don't do the Middle Pillar that much, but when I learned how to circulate energy it was quite painful for me, I think because my (blood) circulation is not that great (Reynaud's disease). Do you have any (blood) circulation problems?

Topic author
DarkScribe
Neophyte

Post#4 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:33 pm

Thanks Mxs. It's not interfering. I notice it, but it's kind of a nice "something's happening" feeling. It's good to have an idea of what's happening though. I'm glad you didn't say it sounds like a stroke coming on. =D

Kappa...no circulation problems. In fact my circulation is so good my "warm hands" have been requested to ease the cold of past girlfriends on many occasions.

lgdvl73
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#5 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:32 pm

Breathing down your front and up your back (bouncing off your perineum) can also circulate any energies that are overpowering your system. This is something you can just do during your regular day.

It sounds like a good thing to me though.

T
"The dark thought, the shame, the malice, meet them at the door laughing, and invite them in." ~ Rumi

http://henochiussimon.wordpress.com/

Topic author
DarkScribe
Neophyte

Post#6 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:37 am

Weird...my reply didn't post.

I said something to the effect of I'll try the breathing. And that the feeling has made me anxious for the actual book. I'm like Ralphie waiting for his Little Orphan Annie decoder ring. :geek:

Thanks again everyone.

lgdvl73
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#7 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:52 pm

OLVALTINE! A Crummy Commercial?

T
"The dark thought, the shame, the malice, meet them at the door laughing, and invite them in." ~ Rumi

http://henochiussimon.wordpress.com/

Topic author
DarkScribe
Neophyte

Post#8 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:03 pm

I think I'll be happier with my package. Oh and the prickliness has dulled out to a tingle.