The miracle of new avatar power by Gray-Cobb, Geof

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

pammie

Re: The miracle of new avatar power by Gray-Cobb, Geof

Post#21 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:06 am

Oh well theres no food this week as I have brought the book lol
Blessings
Pammie

Topic author
vovin
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#22 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:16 am

Hehe you wont be sorry I am still amazed at that book .. If you dont mind how much did they rip you for the book?
Vovin
Remember 'For the Man of Religion, Believes in God, The Magician, Knows God.'
(Ars Solomonis)

Gordon Finn
Adeptus Minor

Post#23 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:30 pm

I ordered a used copy through amazon for 67 bucks american. It is currently being shipped and hopefully will be here soon.

Vrischika

Post#24 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:52 am

(Yay, a forum about modern grimoires! I own and love NIP, NAP, Malak's Grimoire, and some others...)

Anyway, I take this as a chance to thank NAP spirits for their latest help!

Nitika and Elubatel (ok I also evoked Phorlakh using astral evocation method similar to outlined in "Summoning Spirits" and used the NAP General Purpose invocation for the same intention) helped me get a well-paying job before Xmas; but my contract was only temporary, which would end after busy Xmas season. Now, after ~3 months of unemployment I did the same routine I did back then, that is, NAP relaxation, Middle Pillar, 3x Money and 3x Success (that is, invocations to Nitika and Elubatel successively). I did the routine on three days in a row, ending in full moon.

Soon a boss from the job I got earlier called and asked me if I was interested in getting the job back. It was awesome as I needed the job soo bad. :D

I did promise the NAP spirits in question a suitable offering, but haven't decided upon what that would be exactly. I'm used to generic offerings such as candles and incense, and guess I'll settle with (at least) those.

Topic author
vovin
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#25 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:12 pm

Elubatel is amazing always comes through for me to :) Thanks for sharing your experiences with the system.
Vovin
Remember 'For the Man of Religion, Believes in God, The Magician, Knows God.'
(Ars Solomonis)

Gordon Finn
Adeptus Minor

Post#26 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:13 pm

With this book, it was really the only true time I've ever felt the sudden disorientation from events not happening as they should in this life. Other times, it has happened, but the feeling just wasn't as strong. I had ordered from amazon the mystic grimoire of mighty spells ad rituals and then, I get a message saying that my credit card was refunded because the seller from the marketplace couldn't find the book. Then, like the next day I think, I saw this thread and read of this book. This is the first time in a long time that I felt something this freaky. And the book lead me to an old source I had and something I had overlooked. I still want the mystic grimoire, though.

Gordon Finn
Adeptus Minor

Post#27 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:39 pm

Vrischika wrote:I did promise the NAP spirits in question a suitable offering, but haven't decided upon what that would be exactly. I'm used to generic offerings such as candles and incense, and guess I'll settle with (at least) those.

I have found many spirits like food. Paimon liked the orange juice and snickers I offered him. Zeus liked the snickers, various other sweets and fried noodles. I think he's got a sweet tooth. Many spirits like certain things from personal tastes, but they often just like that you offered something, anything. When you cook a meal for yourself, you could make a plate for the spirit, letting them know it is for them, but say that the material part of it will need to be used up, so they should take what they want from it, so you can eat it the next day. Since the material of the object offered doesn't vanish, the energy it has in the higher realms is still sufficient to nurish your body, though maybe to a lesser extent. In fact, the consumption of the material body of the food would help to strengthen the link between you and the spirit. When the spirit feeds on the offering, it leaves some of its energy behind. Your consumption of it facilitates the stengthening of the link.

Martialis

Post#28 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:52 pm

In fact, the consumption of the material body of the food would help to strengthen the link between you and the spirit. When the spirit feeds on the offering, it leaves some of its energy behind. Your consumption of it facilitates the stengthening of the link.

Good point. When we were children my brother and I were baptized by a Santero who happened to be one of my mom's close friends. After bathing, being blessed, dressing, etc. we were given two bowls of food to eat that no one else could eat but my brother and I, the spirit also had its own bowl of food as well hence the reason why only we should eat, since it was especially dedicated to the spirit and as you say reinforced the link between us and the spirit.

Vrischika

Post#29 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:37 pm

Vovin wrote:Elubatel is amazing always comes through for me to :) Thanks for sharing your experiences with the system.

Np. Good to hear you get good results as well. :)

Gordon Finn wrote:I have found many spirits like food.

Yeah... I'd guess food's not only great cause it's nourishing for them but the taste is a lot stronger and deeper when experienced in spirit, and not by physical senses.

Gordon Finn wrote:When the spirit feeds on the offering, it leaves some of its energy behind. Your consumption of it facilitates the stengthening of the link.

The spiritual structure of food offerings is certainly affected, quite similar than with blessed food. Beer I had offered to Inanna tasted a lot sweeter than normal (though it could've been due to exposure to air *shrug* :D), and I've experienced foods that the taste has been sort of drawn out from, IIRC...

Thanks for the tip!

Gordon Finn
Adeptus Minor

Post#30 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:25 pm

With the snickers I offered paimon, I had 2 from the pack before the offering. After he took what he wanted, I found the ones left to be more sweet than the first 2, but then, one tasted like coconut. I hate coconut. This didn't happen with zeus, though.