The miracle of new avatar power by Gray-Cobb, Geof

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

ElBrujo

Re: The miracle of new avatar power by Gray-Cobb, Geof

Post#41 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:08 am

For me, the planetary attraction techniques worked great.

I had little to no results with the invocation of the egrigores.

Grab
Adeptus Minor

Post#42 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:26 am

ElBrujo, interesting. That part is very similar to a short book by Regardie. Do you do anything else except the "MP" like invocation of the "CP" and then color the aura while chanting the name and speak your intent? What is your mindset? Other rituals surrounding it?

Examples of results using this particular part of the book?
".. nothing but infinite chaos, stochastically dragged into existence by each and every observer according to their predispositions, and by manipulating these .."
(quoted from http://www.spiralnature.com/magick/chaosvseclectic/).

ElBrujo

Post#43 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:31 pm

I just build up a lot of emotion during the chant. It adds that special boost. You can also do some chi breathing before and that will sure put a wammy on the chant.

BrotherM

Post#44 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:55 am

in NAP the MOST important thing is to use exactly the words, and have very strong and specific visualisations. NAP will return no results at all unless you know exactly what you are asking for and channel that with your entire being. I find it best if you strongly re-inforce that visualisation and emotion after each sentence of the chant (i.e. a brief pause to channel)

Very interesting Seal for Elubaitel my friend, he is my favourite spirit in this book.

On another note, I got NIP, no results or connection at all. I guess manning's spirits don't like me.

plum_girl
Practicus

Post#45 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:55 pm

BrotherM wrote:in NAP the MOST important thing is to use exactly the words, and have very strong and specific visualisations. NAP will return no results at all unless you know exactly what you are asking for and channel that with your entire being. I find it best if you strongly re-inforce that visualisation and emotion after each sentence of the chant (i.e. a brief pause to channel)

Very interesting Seal for Elubaitel my friend, he is my favourite spirit in this book.

On another note, I got NIP, no results or connection at all. I guess manning's spirits don't like me.

I had great results with NIP, no results so far with NAP (although a friend to whom I gave the "rekindle a man´s interest" had MIRACULOUS RESULTS). But I think you guys pointed out two important tips:

1 - although the author (Cobb) doesn´t stress the importance of visualization in NAP, it´s always something you just can´t pass. I´ll do the ritual + visualization from now on.

2- Someone said something about Manning´s attitude "it´s already done and I love you guys for it". So far, that´s the magical attitude that worked wonders for me. I don´t like the commanding and stiff feeling in NAP, and the spirits seem to
run away from me. That´s not who I am at all. Spirits usually love me! So I´ll just stick to my usual friendly attitude and build a relationship, just like I did with Ishtar &Co. I was naive following the instructions blindly - I don´t think they like to be bossed around.

However, in the first weeks I studyed NAP, I had all kinds of weird dreams, spontaneous astral projection, and odd feelings. I felt more powerful since then, and after that I got tones of other books that taught me a lot. So maybe I am on the right path.

And yes, Spirits LOVE food. Pan, for instance, loves nuts, candy and champagne. He likes other drinks too, but champagne is a plus. I´m glad you guys say I can eat it later, coz I never know what to do with it.

Well...If none of this works, I have to say that NAP spirits don´t like me!

axeezo
Adeptus Minor

Post#46 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:55 pm

Ive been wondering, would it be a good thing then to re-write the wording in the NAP chants slightly, or not. Many people have used them as they are published and gotten results for them, so would trying something new take more time for them to respond in the way you want them to. I did read a post somewhere that a guy used a different kind of formula to evoke one of the spirits from the Goetia, the spirit did come after some time, but the magician was told by the spirit to evoke it " By the Book" methods next time. All that aside my main question stands about the rewriting of the chants .
Axeezo....

axeezo
Adeptus Minor

Post#47 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:22 pm

Hi Vovin, that would be interesting to see and use the other seals of the spirits that are listed in NAP.
Axeezo...

BrotherButterball
Adeptus Major

Post#48 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:05 pm

axeezo wrote:Ive been wondering, would it be a good thing then to re-write the wording in the NAP chants slightly, or not. Many people have used them as they are published and gotten results for them, so would trying something new take more time for them to respond in the way you want them to. I did read a post somewhere that a guy used a different kind of formula to evoke one of the spirits from the Goetia, the spirit did come after some time, but the magician was told by the spirit to evoke it " By the Book" methods next time. All that aside my main question stands about the rewriting of the chants .
Axeezo....

Hello Axeezo,

In the Book of Ceremonial Magic also titled as The Book of Black Magic by Edward Waite,
it is written that the spirits serve those who are friends and confidantes.

The late Al Manning may have been on to something as he often told me over the telephone,
"The Spirits love to party. Make it a game. And play the game and win."

So, to answer your question, in my opinion as a magician, you should find and follow your own true will.
In other words, do as you will with the wording.

If you are just starting out, I would avoid changing the wording in the NAP curses in the back of the book.
One suggestion comes to mind. You can add great power to the NAP rituals and spells by performing
a slightly longer version of the Invocation of the Bornless One. The other name for this is Liber Samehk.
Geof Gray Cobb wrote his own shorter version of that Invocation and streamlined everything.

Hope this helped you.

Brother Butterball
Last edited by BrotherButterball on Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blackanddarkmagickthatworks.wordpress.com

supernaturalmagicklab.wordpress.com

youcandomagicthatworks.wordpress.com

BrotherM

Post#49 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:45 am

I respectfuly disagree with Billy on this one, I do not think that additional ritual will help in NAP *UNLESS* you were brought up on ritual and that is naturally how you express yourself. The objective of NAP / NIP etc is direct contact with the currents and the benefits that brings. I see no benefit in building layers between yourself and the raw building blocks of the universe.

Just my 2p and no offense meant to anybody

BrotherM

BrotherButterball
Adeptus Major

Post#50 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:29 pm

BrotherM wrote:I respectfuly disagree with Billy on this one, I do not think that additional ritual will help in NAP *UNLESS* you were brought up on ritual and that is naturally how you express yourself. The objective of NAP / NIP etc is direct contact with the currents and the benefits that brings. I see no benefit in building layers between yourself and the raw building blocks of the universe.

Just my 2p and no offense meant to anybody

BrotherM

Hello Brother M.,

I thought about what you wrote about keeping the same wording in the NAP rituals and spells.
And I find myself agreeing with you.

The possible benefits of keeping the same wording:
The Beings in the rituals and spells have been researched.
The intent of the rituals and spells have been defined.
The rituals and spells have been tested through trial and error.

The possible benefits of rewriting the rituals and spells:
The opportunity to be creative and innovate.
The possibility of adding more power.
Getting more results and faster than before.

In keeping the same wording, you attune yourself with the Beings and Egregors and energies
in the NAP and NIP books.

Personally, I follow the late Bruce Lee's philosophy: Adapt and use what works and discard the rest...

Magically,

Brother Butterball
blackanddarkmagickthatworks.wordpress.com

supernaturalmagicklab.wordpress.com

youcandomagicthatworks.wordpress.com