Are spirits in attack spell dark oriented?

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
cyberpower
Zelator

Are spirits in attack spell dark oriented?

Post#1 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:48 am

Just curiuos if the spirits in the attack and defend spell in NAP are dark oriented or grey. What's your thought and knowledge of this?

Coz I was then thinking that good spirits will not attack or do harm to people.
Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth.
- Henry David Thoreau

God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.

shadowflame
Zelator

Re: Are spirits in attack spell dark oriented?

Post#2 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:39 pm

depends on how you define dark and grey.
and even angels kill ;)

Olorin
Zelator

Post#3 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:11 pm

I have no answer for Cyberpower's question above, but I wish to vent a frustration I've in me that gets agitated when I come across this good/evil construct.
What seems clear to me is that such distinctions and definitions as that good spirits will not attack or do harm to people, just don't cut it. I feel that for such formulations to make sense, these definitions would have to be cast in iron and their meaning accepted by all. Let's say I conjure up some entity and charge this one with seeking out my downstairs neighbour and making sure he dies and I work this conjuring in such a way that the result of this death is that I end up with my dead neighbour's widow as my girl and all his worldly goods as mine.
Now, if my victim was Harry Potter and Ginny my object of lust - all of J.K. Rowling's fans would be out for my blood. If, on the other hand, my victim was a Joseph Frietzl-like character and my ensuring his demise afforded me with a chance to execute a gallant rescue of the poor woman in question, well then, I'd be quite the hero.
My point here is that our moral and ethical guidelines have their value in being just that - guidelines. They'd lose that value were they to be cast in iron, because no two situations are the same... everything happens only once, so we have to evaluate each new situation with it's composite parts and pass judgement only after having weighed and measured these parts by the standards of our guidelines. In my example, as simple as it is, already good and bad become interchangeable from an objective point of view and therefor useless in any validatory capacity. I claim, therefor , that good and bad, in actuality are simply personal reactions made manifest in a someone as a way of classifying whatever is happening to them. If I do something that somehow affects you, you will feel it either as good for you - or as bad for you. And that won't necessarily determine whether or not it is of any harm to you... or benefit... depending on your perspective.
I'm too lazy to find it right now, but I do believe that there's a good discussion along these lines in the planetary & angel magick forum. I'd be surprised if this isn't touched upon in some way elsewhere too.
People will believe anything - either because they wish it to be true,
or because they fear it might be so...

- wizards' 1st rule

Nosce Te Ipsum
Philosophus

Post#4 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:37 am

Couldn't have said it better myself. There are a few people I know that love to toss around terms like "evil" and the like. It cracks me up, honestly. I think it boils down to this:

If you view spirits as a whole as neutral tools, then the "good" or "evil" label would be applied to the caster, not the spirits. Going along with that, one man's good is another man's evil, etc.

The way I look at it, is that spirits seem to have certain -traits- (orderly, chaotic) that are apparent MOST of the time, but they are not good, or evil. Having a proclivity for chaos does not make one evil, as randomness and disorder can just as easily lead to good things than bad. Having a hard-on for order doesn't make one good, either. There have been plenty of examples of "order" leading to horrible, horrible things in the past. Nazi Germany, for example. But then, this is a human event, and good and evil are both a matter of perspective. -Human- perspective. I guess what I'm trying to say is....

Spirits are spirits. They aren't good, or evil, and their actions are only as good or as evil as you make them out to be.
"Learning to build a radio does not teach you about music theory." -raum215

IronOrchid
Adeptus Major

Post#5 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:48 am

cyberpower wrote:Just curiuos if the spirits in the attack and defend spell in NAP are dark oriented or grey. What's your thought and knowledge of this?

Coz I was then thinking that good spirits will not attack or do harm to people.

I do agree with the 2 posts above, and also want to add something else.

If all of us had our collective karmic payback for the bad things we've done in every life/manifestation of ourselves that we've ever lived thrown back at us in one go, then that would be pretty devastating - IMO that's what some of these do, going by the descriptions given in the book.

ALL of those people offended first, and were simply paid back in kind. And I don't think it's an accident that the stories were written to make that very clear, either.

No need for "evil" energy then, is there?

IOx
"...there's no such thing as the unknown. Only things temporarily hidden, temporarily not understood."
Captain James T Kirk

FuerzaDivino
Neophyte

Post#6 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:18 am

THe NAP attack and defense spell is a type of Psychic Attack.

Madmartigen
Practicus

Post#7 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:50 am

Which always reminds me... Archangel Annael in his communication with Dr Dee made it pretty clear right in the beginning. Asked who he was, he claimed that all the power is in him - good and evil. "And withall appeared many dedd mens skulls on his left hand".

M.

Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#8 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:58 am

No one really answered this.

They are Shem Ha Mephorash angels. Quite a number of the NAP spirits seem to be actually.

BrotherButterball
Adeptus Major

Post#9 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:06 am

Slater wrote:No one really answered this.

They are Shem Ha Mephorash angels. Quite a number of the NAP spirits seem to be actually.

I agree with you here.

And as I recall the old days when I read the Bible,

the angels in the good book had some awesome power, and they kicked some serious ass,

and they were not labeled evil because of this.

Tim
blackanddarkmagickthatworks.wordpress.com

supernaturalmagicklab.wordpress.com

youcandomagicthatworks.wordpress.com