The importance of planetary hours and moon phases

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
SFT
Neophyte

The importance of planetary hours and moon phases

Post#1 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:29 am

Just curious if these factors have any noticeable affects on results.

I have just recently started to use the system and do not have not had any results of yet, I am somewhat out of practice though
and have been too pre-occupied the temptations of the modern world :oops:

After reading quickly through, I realised the lack of 'normal' correspondences in relations to days and hours. I assume this is because the spirits are always 'ready'

Enochian
Practicus

Re: The importance of planetary hours and moon phases

Post#2 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:03 pm

I do NAP during waxing moon, and during the proper planetary hour if it is obvious. I use ChronosXP to determine this.

vovin
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#3 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:15 pm

It's not required with NAP I have used all times and hours when working with Nap. The Mystical Grimoire is different though.. :)
Vovin
Remember 'For the Man of Religion, Believes in God, The Magician, Knows God.'
(Ars Solomonis)

Martialis

Post#4 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:36 pm

If anything, SFT, you could do some experimenting of your own and see if casting spells and such according to the magical hours has any effects. Cheers!

Topic author
SFT
Neophyte

Post#5 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:39 am

I am currently experimenting with the system using planetary hours using [url][/urhttp://www.lunarium.co.uk/planets/hours.jspl], which is quite useful.

It's still early days using the system, so I am still awaiting results and finding new methods of doing things.

I don't have any ritual equipment, such as candles, altar, alter cover, so doing them without paraphernalia and using just visualisation and an emotionally charged atmosphere.

rif
Practicus

Post#6 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:06 am

I don't understand why so many people want to complicate NAP. It's designed to be "magic for everybody" in my opinion. That is, for anyone who wishes to make contact with the system and give it an earnest try, as written.

I think people who want or feel a need to incorporate more complex rituals would likely do better using a more complex system: Golden Dawn style magic, a traditional grimoire, or even the author's Mystical Grimoire (as mentioned above) for example.

I don't mean to single out the OP by saying this; it's been on my mind as I've read a lot of related posts here, and it seems that people want to make NAP more complicated than designed. Or maybe NAP itself just wants to be the Z2 ritual. :D

BTW, I used that same site just mentioned for planetary hours. I find it quite convenient.

Enochian
Practicus

Post#7 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:28 am

Ok what about spells that are clearly derived from the Key of Solomon, like the love spell?

I would think that you would do these during the proper planetary hour and waxing moon.

Martialis

Post#8 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:45 pm

I don't understand why so many people want to complicate NAP. It's designed to be "magic for everybody" in my opinion. That is, for anyone who wishes to make contact with the system and give it an earnest try, as written.

I think people who want or feel a need to incorporate more complex rituals would likely do better using a more complex system: Golden Dawn style magic, a traditional grimoire, or even the author's Mystical Grimoire (as mentioned above) for example.

I don't mean to single out the OP by saying this; it's been on my mind as I've read a lot of related posts here, and it seems that people want to make NAP more complicated than designed. Or maybe NAP itself just wants to be the Z2 ritual

I agree to some extent. As you point out books like NAP, NIP, the MG and many of their kin are meant for anyone to pick up, do a bit of reading and automatically start casting. However, this shouldn't deter more advanced folk from tweaking rituals a bit and adding or removing things as they see fit. Mi dos centavos. Cheers!

IronOrchid
Adeptus Major

Post#9 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:36 pm

SFT wrote:Just curious if these factors have any noticeable affects on results.

Somewhat, in my experience (which is about 5 months working with NAP, give or take). I was not understanding why I had a strong feeling to do things at different times until I happened on the planetary hours (my background to date hadn't used them) and posted here, and was pointed towads Chronos (which I LOVE!).

But I found it more important to be consistant, so if you feel the ONLY time you can do an invocation is the totally wrong hour, do NAP Point A anyway - at least, I don't keep regular hours, and found that approach most useful.

You can elaborate on the rituals when it feels right, but as posted, they'll work at the level they're given, and very powerfully too.

IOx
"...there's no such thing as the unknown. Only things temporarily hidden, temporarily not understood."
Captain James T Kirk