Using different sef-hypnosis methods for the NAP Ritual

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
Grswnd
Neophyte

Using different sef-hypnosis methods for the NAP Ritual

Post#1 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:24 pm

Hello! I have a question regarding NAP as I'm pretty new to this system.
I've been doing the NAP Ritual for about two weeks, and other than the opening and ending lines, it seems to be a simple self-hypnosis induction. It gets kind of annoying for me to repeat the relaxation instructions over and over, and I do not remember them word for word so I still need to read them off the book, which again, is pretty annoying.

Now my question is this:
I do have some experience in trance induction and self hypnosis that I've used for some of my other endeavours. They are quicker and don't require mental-verbal instructions other than one or two lines, and are quite effective for me. Now if the NAP relaxation instructions are a way of entering a light hypnotic trance, as they seem to be, can I use a different method of trance induction, while keeping the opening line ("I state my purpuse thus...") and the call to Arzel? Or am I missing some deeper hidden meaning and should still adhere strictly to the written relaxation script?

Appreciate your help!

NoxLumina
Philosophus

Re: Using different sef-hypnosis methods for the NAP Ritual

Post#2 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:33 pm

To me, the trance induction methods for NAP are very much about, "we are doing NAP now." It's a self contained system. Lots of experienced occultists have had great results with deconstructing that system, but for me, doing NAP as it's written, right out of the box, is how I connect with its current.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
My NEW Magickal Blog: Dreamingflight

WolfAmongSheep
Philosophus

Post#3 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:37 pm

What you're going to get here is a lot of opinions. I have heard of people using different systems to gain access to the NAP current. So far, the thing that works best for me is using Cobbs relaxation with some peaceful music in the background. Some people do it with alpha level binaral beats. The only way you will know for sure what works for you is by experimenting. In the end, nothing may work better than Cobbs relaxation. So, YMMV.

If you dont like reading it, make a recording. It's only a couple minutes.
Of the Seven Deadly Sins, Lust is definitely the pick of the litter ~ Anon

Topic author
Grswnd
Neophyte

Post#4 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:05 pm

Thanks, very sensible answers from both of you.

If I may ask, how do you personally go about the ritual? I mean, did you memorize the entire relaxation part, do you read it from the book everytime, or did you make a recording?

WolfAmongSheep
Philosophus

Post#5 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:32 pm

Regardless of what you do, with enough repetitions, you will learn everything in NAP by rote. If you're looking for the path of least resistance, record the relaxation.

Eta: Follow Brother Molochs procedure for doing NAP and see how it works for you.
Of the Seven Deadly Sins, Lust is definitely the pick of the litter ~ Anon