Embarrasingly dumb question...

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
IronOrchid
Adeptus Major

Embarrasingly dumb question...

Post#1 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:36 am

I'm doing a lot of reading spurred by NAP, and I keep hearing that "So-and-So is the angel of the Xth hour of the night" etc, or day, and - I don't know what it means? :oops:

When is "day" and "night" considered to start?

I've tried searching for how those "hours" correspond in actual TIME, but because the terms are so common, I either get nothing useful, or just a repeat of statements like my example above... I realise this may be incredibly dumb :P but it's frustrating me and until I can do a big load of book-buying and reading (probably New Year) I'm none the wiser - also, I found when I sit down to do a NAP incantation, they sometimes feel like they want to be done right away, sometimes earlier or I'll see a specific time in my head - which is making me think I should just try asking! :mrgreen:

Plz halp! :lol:

PS I wanted to add, I HAVE been reading a lot on here & elsewhere, so I'm not trying to be lazy :mrgreen: and a book recommendation that has that info in is equally welcome - the only reason I'm posting and not waiting until I can find out more is that I'm getting really STRONG prompts to do my NAP stuff at certain times, and yet GG-C doesn't mention that in his book. Also I'm getting weird phenomena coming through (wings audible/visible, and sundry other stuff) when I even read through the Enochian stuff posted in here, I guess because I've worked so much with invocation this past decade or so, so it's making research kinda hard! :lol:
"...there's no such thing as the unknown. Only things temporarily hidden, temporarily not understood."
Captain James T Kirk

Soundwave
Practicus

Re: Embarrasingly dumb question...

Post#2 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:51 am

In Modern Magic they talk about the magical hours and how to calculate them, the bellow is just from a google search but it reads pretty much the same and I would assume that they are the times you are looking for

Calculating Magical Hours: The first magical hour of sunrise starts at the exact moment of sunrise in your area. Check your local paper for this time. The twelth magical hour of sunrise ends at sunset. If the sun rises at 7AM and sets at 7PM then the first magical hour is from 7AM to 8AM and the last is from 6PM to 7PM. If the sun rises at 7AM and sets at 9PM then the magical hours of the day would be 70 minutes in length.The first hour would last from 7:00AM to 8:10PM. The twelth magical hour would last from 7:50PM to 9:00PM. Please use this same formula for the sunset magical hours. Keep in mind that the magical hours for sunset and sunrise will be different except when sunset and sunrise are exactly 12 hours apart.

Source: http://www.wisdomsdoor.com/tol/tech.shtml

vovin
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#3 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:45 pm

Vovin
Remember 'For the Man of Religion, Believes in God, The Magician, Knows God.'
(Ars Solomonis)

Topic author
IronOrchid
Adeptus Major

Post#4 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:04 pm

THANK YOU - I dl'd that software and set it up for my location, and it's all become clear why I was getting such apparently random times, and also am a bit less embarrassed now as this all deals with concepts that are completely new to me, so that's made me a feel a BIT less stoopid! :P

To quote that dreadful Rumsfeld chap, this was an "unknown unknown"! :lol:

A lot of this is WAY above my level right now, but at least now I know what was going on, and it's kind of motivated me to learn more.

Cheers!!! :mrgreen:
"...there's no such thing as the unknown. Only things temporarily hidden, temporarily not understood."
Captain James T Kirk

aserth

Post#5 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:05 am

Thanks for that dude! Just what I had been looking for :)

Couldn't get that version to work but I got version 4.1 from here > http://chronosxp.sourceforge.net/en/