Thoughts On My Daily NAP Routine?

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
stupidmonkeyboy
Practicus

Thoughts On My Daily NAP Routine?

Post#1 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:59 pm

For a week now I've been practicing NAP daily for the same intention I'm currently trying to manifest into my life. I start by smoking up to help me wind down and next listen to the NAP relaxation while saying aloud the Ankar Yod Hay Vaw Hay and Arzel invocations. I spend a sec looking at a photo on the desktop representing my intent, and then say [3x] specific chant that's in line with my intent (for example if my intent is health then it's Zoroel+Sabriel's chant) and whose words may be slightly altered in order to best represent my goal. Alternatively [x3] I say another, second specific incantation and maybe even [x3] a third specific chant which are also in line with my intent because some goals can be approached from many angles so it feels best to say more than one specific incantation. Between every chant I let my mind dwell a brief moment inside my goal. In other words I practice brief creative visualization between every chant repetition. And after the specific intent chant(s) I say [3x] the Elubatel generic chant. And after the Elubatel chant I do a creative visualization session proper, but this time really getting into it and using prompts I've written beforehand to help me quickly remember the scenes I visualize. And after this final creative visualization I say "This or something better now manifests for me in totally satisfying and harmonious ways, for the highest good of all concerned." And after that I contemplate a few moments on the fifth pentacle of the sun, knowing it will at this instant move me to where I want to be in life, and after that say "He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands." And that concludes my daily ritual script. I haven't manifested my goal yet.

What do yall think?

Omnis Validus
Praeceptor
Praeceptor

Re: Thoughts On My Daily NAP Routine?

Post#2 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:46 am

Sounds like a reasonably solid lineup of things to me. The way in which you practice will evolve with time and experience practicing, as you figure things out along the way. I might recommend sticking to only a single incantation for a while, and focusing more deeply on connecting to the angels called. But when I started practicing, I often went overboard with my inclusions. Your routine sounds not so dissimilar to what mine could have been when I started.. and things managed to work out fine for me.

I think it would be a good idea for you to spend some time searching the forums and reading all of the old threads on the subject of NAP here. I strongly advise digging deep with the search function. That should give you plenty of ideas to work with, and a deeper understanding of some of the things involved in the book. Many experienced magicians have held discussion here on the various angels and practices in the book over the past 10 years, and there is plenty of insight to be gained in our archives. If that's the sort of thing you've come here for, then you've come to the right place.

Welcome,
X
Ex Mea Sententia.

Pablo
Magister Templi

Post#3 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:10 am

stupidmonkeyboy wrote:For a week now I've been practicing NAP daily for the same intention I'm currently trying to manifest into my life. I start by smoking up to help me wind down and next listen to the NAP relaxation while saying aloud the Ankar Yod Hay Vaw Hay and Arzel invocations. I spend a sec looking at a photo on the desktop representing my intent, and then say [3x] specific chant that's in line with my intent (for example if my intent is health then it's Zoroel+Sabriel's chant) and whose words may be slightly altered in order to best represent my goal. Alternatively [x3] I say another, second specific incantation and maybe even [x3] a third specific chant which are also in line with my intent because some goals can be approached from many angles so it feels best to say more than one specific incantation. Between every chant I let my mind dwell a brief moment inside my goal. In other words I practice brief creative visualization between every chant repetition. And after the specific intent chant(s) I say [3x] the Elubatel generic chant. And after the Elubatel chant I do a creative visualization session proper, but this time really getting into it and using prompts I've written beforehand to help me quickly remember the scenes I visualize. And after this final creative visualization I say "This or something better now manifests for me in totally satisfying and harmonious ways, for the highest good of all concerned." And after that I contemplate a few moments on the fifth pentacle of the sun, knowing it will at this instant move me to where I want to be in life, and after that say "He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands." And that concludes my daily ritual script. I haven't manifested my goal yet.

What do yall think?

OK you did ask. I think it is a good start but perhaps cut down on the smoking UP. I know it is legal in some states but it is better to not need such crutches. It may well be that you use it to relax but it will impair your development to deal witht he more advanced forms of magic that require a stronger inner awareness.
The vulgar is at everyone's command. Eirenaeus Philalethes - The marrow of Alchemy

Topic author
stupidmonkeyboy
Practicus

Post#4 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:19 am

Omnis Validus wrote:I might recommend sticking to only a single incantation for a while, and focusing more deeply on connecting to the angels called.

Totally agree; for that reason I've been in the habit of okaying NAP spirits first before using their chants. But I've found it possible to juggle the currents. They say Arzel is the "Scirlin" of the NAP system and Elubatel is in my every NAP session too so I've been tuning into A. and E. more than others. You might've noticed there's no central/middle pillar or Dee Hay Tooth in my script and that's because I don't feel enough from them...my uneducated guess is they're generic white magic that do nothing in and of themselves. But I did experiment with chakras in place of MP and got hyper as a result. In any case an energy raising is a bit overkill but probably not a bad idea if one's intent is a stone wall. I take it Dee Hay Tooth has many secrets tho..?

Omnis Validus wrote:I think it would be a good idea for you to spend some time searching the forums and reading all of the old threads on the subject of NAP here. I strongly advise digging deep with the search function. That should give you plenty of ideas to work with, and a deeper understanding of some of the things involved in the book. Many experienced magicians have held discussion here on the various angels and practices in the book over the past 10 years, and there is plenty of insight to be gained in our archives. If that's the sort of thing you've come here for, then you've come to the right place.

Welcome,
X

Been doing that TY.

Pablo wrote:OK you did ask. I think it is a good start but perhaps cut down on the smoking UP. I know it is legal in some states but it is better to not need such crutches. It may well be that you use it to relax but it will impair your development to deal witht he more advanced forms of magic that require a stronger inner awareness.

Not a problem, not needed, it just makes the relaxation deeper but doesn't otherwise add to or take away from the ritual.

Edit: Be that as it may, my intent is a long term goal so I won't perhaps be reporting on successes in it any time soon. But I'll add another daily NAP ritual using the same script for a short term goal and will report if it works.
Last edited by stupidmonkeyboy on Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pablo
Magister Templi

Post#5 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:26 am

stupidmonkeyboy wrote:
Omnis Validus wrote:I might recommend sticking to only a single incantation for a while, and focusing more deeply on connecting to the angels called.

Totally agree; for that reason I've been in the habit of okaying NAP spirits first before using their chants. But I've found it possible to juggle the currents. They say Arzel is the "Scirlin" of the NAP system and Elubatel is in my every NAP session too so I've been tuning into A. and E. more than others. You might've noticed there's no central/middle pillar or Dee Hay Tooth in my script and that's because I don't feel enough from them...my uneducated guess is they're generic white magic that do nothing in and of themselves. But I did experiment with chakras in place of MP and got hyper as a result. In any case an energy raising is a bit overkill but probably not a bad idea if one's intent is a stone wall. I take it Dee Hay Tooth has many secrets tho..?

Omnis Validus wrote:I think it would be a good idea for you to spend some time searching the forums and reading all of the old threads on the subject of NAP here. I strongly advise digging deep with the search function. That should give you plenty of ideas to work with, and a deeper understanding of some of the things involved in the book. Many experienced magicians have held discussion here on the various angels and practices in the book over the past 10 years, and there is plenty of insight to be gained in our archives. If that's the sort of thing you've come here for, then you've come to the right place.

Welcome,
X

Been doing that TY.

Pablo wrote:OK you did ask. I think it is a good start but perhaps cut down on the smoking UP. I know it is legal in some states but it is better to not need such crutches. It may well be that you use it to relax but it will impair your development to deal witht he more advanced forms of magic that require a stronger inner awareness.

Not a problem, not needed, it just makes the relaxation deeper but doesn't otherwise add to or take away from the ritual.

I am not a policeman.. Here is what Levi wrote "We have said that to acquire magical power, two things are necessary: to disengage the will from all servitude, and to exercise it in control." - the key to the mysteries.

Rgds

Pablo
The vulgar is at everyone's command. Eirenaeus Philalethes - The marrow of Alchemy

Topic author
stupidmonkeyboy
Practicus

Post#6 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:19 am

Update. This morning I saw a dream in which a tall man drove at night very fast as I was sitting in the car with other passengers. I got told "life is a learning experience," and then woke up. The dream might be due to my daily napping but I'm not sure. BTW I read in the Amazing Secrets book by GGC that according to GGC life is fated. In order to teach a teacher first makes the curriculum so it'd make sense that if life is a learning experience then what you're learning right now is your personal curriculum (your fate). I dunno about any of that, as that's more spirituality than magick, but in any case according to GGC "FATE SETS UP PART OF YOUR FUTURE FOR YOU TO WORK THROUGH." That's exactly the same thing as what was said in my dream, just in different words. OK admittedly I read the Amazing Secrets chapter before seeing the dream so my dream might've been influenced by Gray-Cobb. Also, I wonder if the fast dream car was because of the fifth pentacle of the sun... :lol:

Anyways now I'm gonna try to manifest money as a short term goal. Using the same script I'll do the money NAP ritual on 7 days in a row, starting today. I'll still be doing NAP for my long term goal as well so it's two NAP rituals per day for a week. I'll let you guys know if anything comes out of it. BTW this money intent is not the long term goal that I'm working NAP daily for. Money can be made by working a job so money's not something I'm seriously tryinna get using occultism which would be counter-intuitive. But I want money so I'll try to manifest some with NAP.

Pablo
Magister Templi

Post#7 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:05 pm

stupidmonkeyboy wrote:Update. This morning I saw a dream in which a tall man drove at night very fast as I was sitting in the car with other passengers. I got told "life is a learning experience," and then woke up. The dream might be due to my daily napping but I'm not sure. BTW I read in the Amazing Secrets book by GGC that according to GGC life is fated. In order to teach a teacher first makes the curriculum so it'd make sense that if life is a learning experience then what you're learning right now is your personal curriculum (your fate). I dunno about any of that, as that's more spirituality than magick, but in any case according to GGC "FATE SETS UP PART OF YOUR FUTURE FOR YOU TO WORK THROUGH." That's exactly the same thing as what was said in my dream, just in different words. OK admittedly I read the Amazing Secrets chapter before seeing the dream so my dream might've been influenced by Gray-Cobb. Also, I wonder if the fast dream car was because of the fifth pentacle of the sun... :lol:

Just a thoought. Do you think that the road is a metaphor for life as in life path. Thetal idealised man could represent a teacher that is a bit impatient or even an idealised you.

All pure speculation on mmy part.

Topic author
stupidmonkeyboy
Practicus

Post#8 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:40 pm

Pablo wrote:Just a thoought. Do you think that the road is a metaphor for life as in life path. Thetal idealised man could represent a teacher that is a bit impatient or even an idealised you.

Could be if the dream wasn't random. Road = life makes sense, thanks.

Brother_Moloch_969
Adeptus Minor

Post#9 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:47 pm

stupidmonkeyboy wrote:For a week now I've been practicing NAP daily for the same intention I'm currently trying to manifest into my life. I start by smoking up to help me wind down and next listen to the NAP relaxation while saying aloud the Ankar Yod Hay Vaw Hay and Arzel invocations. I spend a sec looking at a photo on the desktop representing my intent, and then say [3x] specific chant that's in line with my intent (for example if my intent is health then it's Zoroel+Sabriel's chant) and whose words may be slightly altered in order to best represent my goal. Alternatively [x3] I say another, second specific incantation and maybe even [x3] a third specific chant which are also in line with my intent because some goals can be approached from many angles so it feels best to say more than one specific incantation.

I see no problem here. Though I would not go overboard summoning too many for assistance unless your desire is something that you believe requires such a large number of spirits to assist you with. Why? It seems there's a point of diminishing returns on effort expended - at least it's what I originally found in some of my own experiments. Sort of like taking more than the recommended dose of medicine is not going to make you well any faster.

stupidmonkeyboy wrote:Between every chant I let my mind dwell a brief moment inside my goal. In other words I practice brief creative visualization between every chant repetition.

My thoughts on this are thus: visualizing a desire is something we do internally whereas summoning spirit help is what we do externally thus the twain do not necessarily meet. Now there are those who do feel that with sufficient practice, one can project their visualizations out onto the universe. I feel this is possible as well provided you have spent the required time practicing this technique and working at it. How do you know when you've gotten it? Try imagining what you desire for small things first. while this may sound silly try getting the next person you meet to give you something: a stick of gum? cup of coffee? light for your smoke? Something innocuous but nothing that's gonna put them out. Just imagine them doing this as clearly as you can with your mind. See it in clear details. Hold this for a while then project it out away from you into the universe. Some suggest you surround this visualization with power such as white light or some type of force to juice it up and give it life. Then wait to see what happens though it's best to forget about it and see later if it occurs. When you can do this several times without too much effort, you've gotten it. Then yeah you can project what's in your mind to the spirits and They should receive it without problems.

stupidmonkeyboy wrote:And after the specific intent chant(s) I say [3x] the Elubatel generic chant. And after the Elubatel chant I do a creative visualization session proper, but this time really getting into it and using prompts I've written beforehand to help me quickly remember the scenes I visualize. And after this final creative visualization I say "This or something better now manifests for me in totally satisfying and harmonious ways, for the highest good of all concerned." And after that I contemplate a few moments on the fifth pentacle of the sun, knowing it will at this instant move me to where I want to be in life, and after that say "He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands." And that concludes my daily ritual script. I haven't manifested my goal yet.

What do yall think?

I think that's great. Depending on what it is you're after, it may take extra time. We are living in a world where there's a lot of folks out there preaching "McMagic" or the notion of instantaneous results but seriously that's the rarity not the norm. Sorcery is work, often hard work, and it takes time for most results to come to fruition. the spirits must have time to set things in motion properly to get your desire without side-effects occurring or else things could get interesting to say the least. For example one me woman I knew stupidly told spirits she wanted X at any cost, she didn't care what never thinking about the potential consequences of her actions. She got her desire all right and not too long afterwards her grandson was killed in a car wreck along with some of his friends. You push the spirits for speed, They will deliver but there's a price to be paid for that expediency.

Your daily practice seems fine to me. Just be patient. I began a daily practice regimen from the middle of November 2003 and it wasn't until about 14th of January 2004 when I actually was hired f/t. I was up against 200+ other applicants for 1 of 17 available jobs and I had no fear since the NAP spirits were with me. And as I've said elsewhere these same spirits helped me with extra time to get the 12 page script memorized by getting my flight grounded for 3 extra days in DC when my layover flight was cancelled due to a ice storm that gripped the eastern US. So patience is key. Just do you juju then go about your regular business forgetting about it. Let the spirits do their thing. They'll git 'er done. ;)
The Original Sorcerer
Stop by my website: http://www.molochsorcery.com
You cannot let things happen on their own if you desire changes to occur in ways which satisfy you.

Topic author
stupidmonkeyboy
Practicus

Post#10 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:19 am

Brother_Moloch_969: Some good advice there, thanks.

So, I just did the seventh rep of my daily Nitika/Elubatel money nap ritual in order to raise money from the universe. I did this from March 17 to March 23, once each day, and always following it with my more involved long term nap working of several chants w/ different intent. On March 18 mom gave me some money but I need to pay it back to her so it doesn't count in my opinion. Other than that, there's been some movement when it comes to the long term rite but, alas, no new money from the week's worth of money chants. Maybe the universe needs more time? Or maybe my money spell was a dud like often seems to be the case with money spells. But whatever I've enjoyed the good vibes of the chants.