Magick Mentor Experience

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
wizardscauldron
Adeptus Minor

Re: Magick Mentor Experience

Post#11 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:45 am

Slater wrote:
wizardscauldron wrote:I received an email from someone today who is very experienced in communicating with the spirit world. They said that the experience I am having is a very good sign and that the spirit or spirits that I am talking to have my best intentions at heart. My channeling abilities are no doubt from my ouija board training. I was at a psychic church once and the medium had a message from the podium for me and that I should be up there doing what she is doing. Yes my body does seem to have always been sensitive to energy. I remember as a child going into my local church and the energy in there frightened me and I couldn't wait to get out of there. Strangely I experience different energies when I am in different counties in England. For example I used to hate going to Cornwall - as soon as we were across the county line I would feel incredibly depressed. But these days I feel the energy of Cornwall from a different perspective and it's ok.

Could you ask the spirit mentor what it means? It seems you are so sensitive, you'd think that if it were a negative thing, you'd feel it some other way than the smiling and laughter?

You know when I read the case histories in NAP of when Geof gave the technique to people they received spectacular results. But because my history with contacting the spirit world has been filled with being hoodwinked so much, if I was to ask the spirit what the experience is I may not get a correct answer. It may not even be a spirit as it still may be just the sneaky voice of my ego which is a possibility. And you're right if it was from a negative spirit why then the positive experience? The psychic that has been looking into this for me said that they got the message that I am being tested and to make of that what I will. Im baffled again but I am going to practice everyday to see how things pan out.
Hands that help are holier than lips that pray - S.S.S.B.

Topic author
wizardscauldron
Adeptus Minor

Post#12 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:46 am

Brother Suroh wrote:
wizardscauldron wrote:
Brother Suroh wrote:I have called my mentor and did the initial contact ritual. No physical sensations from me to report....yet. This was done a few weeks ago. :shock:

What was your experience of the communication please?

Very basic straight forward answers, but I have since noticed on a few occasions helpful suggestions or good ideas popping into my head to speed things up just, minor boost in initution.

Thanks for telling me your interesting experience.

Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#13 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:08 am

wizardscauldron wrote: The psychic that has been looking into this for me said that they got the message that I am being tested and to make of that what I will. Im baffled again but I am going to practice everyday to see how things pan out.

These "games" are one of the reasons I have not engaged this part of the book. I assumed this sort of thing "might" go on...and frankly I am not in the mind set of late to be playing "testing games", if you like.

After all...most using the book have something they want "sorted out" and I'm still sorting things out.

I don't think it's your ego. Again...you seem too plugged into spiritual energy to be mistaken. I'd trust your own experience and instinct here. Not many have your background. You might not realise how unique a perspective your instinct affords you, because it comes naturally to you now.

Topic author
wizardscauldron
Adeptus Minor

Post#14 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:20 pm

Slater wrote:
wizardscauldron wrote: The psychic that has been looking into this for me said that they got the message that I am being tested and to make of that what I will. Im baffled again but I am going to practice everyday to see how things pan out.

These "games" are one of the reasons I have not engaged this part of the book. I assumed this sort of thing "might" go on...and frankly I am not in the mind set of late to be playing "testing games", if you like.

After all...most using the book have something they want "sorted out" and I'm still sorting things out.

I don't think it's your ego. Again...you seem too plugged into spiritual energy to be mistaken. I'd trust your own experience and instinct here. Not many have your background. You might not realise how unique a perspective your instinct affords you, because it comes naturally to you now.

What have your experineces been with NAP Slater please?

I don't think it would be my ego as I have gone through the ritual daily enougth times to be making a contact and as I have said before the thought transference should be very easy for me. Tonight when I did it I did the opening NAP ritual and had the thought there were three spirits with me. Then I felt something come rushing towards me growling/screaming in an evil way. It didn't phase me at all and I felt this spirit in front of me and it seemed to me it was surprised that I wasn't phased by it. I then did invocation to summon my spirit guide from Carl Nagel's 'Book of Shadows' then om-ing 3 times; then inviting my guide and finally cabbalistic cross twice with the words of banishment from the uncrossing ritual in NAP. I then sensed there was only one spirit with me and the feeling was loving and she said I wasn't banishing correctly and that I was helped tonight. The message was different in some ways to previous ones with a piece of advice on a different area of life that I wasn't asking about that made a great deal of sense. I'm still not convinced that I am speaking to a pirit guide/magic mentor yet but time will tell. Oh by the way the spirit said I should do the caballistic cross twice intersected with the lesser banishing ritual of the pentagram before starting the NAP opening ritual.

Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#15 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:27 pm

Oh by the way the spirit said I should do the caballistic cross twice intersected with the lesser banishing ritual of the pentagram before starting the NAP opening ritual.

That's interesting! That's how I do it.

I do the LBRP (which obviously has two CCs in the ritual)
Then the NAP opening ritual.
Then I do the Middle Pillar exercise followed by the born less one invocation
Then I use one of the invocations from the beginning of the book. The ones that call directly on a particular angel/spirit by name for help in the relevant areas.

Then I end it with LBRP.
(interestingly, in the LBRP I experience something similar to I'am's banishing that Vovin posted. I get the full body shake and chills as it radiates out wards like ring of nuclear explosion (that's the visualisation and now physical response I've incorporated into the LBRP). It feels effective.
Last edited by Slater on Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#16 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:39 pm

wizardscauldron wrote:
What have your experiences been with NAP Slater please?

Well, it sounds predictable but I started with the money chant :)
The day after my partner relieved an out of the blue 50dollar voucher for groceries from work as thanks for extra effort of late.
I was amused but not 100% convinced.

Then a few weeks later I did the chant again, and the next night $386 appeared in my partners bank account. It was a payment for music royalties that had been fast tracked. It came exactly when it was needed too.

Interestingly, I have a fixed salary and there is no real avenue for extra money to come my way short of someone dying and leaving me money (which I do not want to happen) but as my partner and I share all expenses, our money is intermingled...I guess the spirit world see giving money to me through him as the same thing.

I have been putting effort into areas that allow my growth and help me past a few personal things now. But the money thing was a nice and predictable way to start I think. :)

I have tried a few of the other chants and everyone here is right. It works the way it says it does.
I am going to focus on a court case next and I have no doubt the effects will be positive what ever they turn out to be.

OH...one more thing. I have noticed a change in my demeanour or my reactions to certain events that normally would have made me lose my mind so to speak...I've been able to step out of the situation... see things from a more objective perspective and make decisions more and more attuned to the greater good. These are usually relationship based things, so a bit too personal to into here.

It's a kind of very noticeable emotional and spiritual growth that has occurred from working with angelics...even before this book. I don't Know it its me or if I am getting some help...maybe a little of both. :)

I consider myself to be learning and I take in everything the more experienced on this board have to offer ...so please excuse me if I've expressed things here in a way that sounds a little flaky.
Last edited by Slater on Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Earthoscope

Post#17 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:10 pm

Thank you for sharing your experiences. I've been considering working with the magic mentor due to people claiming that the mm can provide information on making your NAP ritual more effective. I have a few questions about the mm before I begin:

Is the mm essentially a tulpa? If so, there seem to be many stories of the tulpa eventually taking on a will of its own and no longer necessarily being an ally of its creator. Perhaps this is just that nagging worry/fear/doubt thing popping up again, but I think this might be a legitimate concern.

Can the mm be used as an intermediary between the magician and the NAP spirits? Sort of like the role assigned to Scirlin in the Grimorium Verum?

Has anyone had any additional benefits from working with the mm that haven't been listed in NAP or this thread and would be willing to share?

Thanks in advance and I apologize if these questions seem n00bish.

Topic author
wizardscauldron
Adeptus Minor

Post#18 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:32 pm

Thanks for sharing your experiences Slater

Topic author
wizardscauldron
Adeptus Minor

Post#19 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:36 pm

Earthoscope wrote:Thank you for sharing your experiences. I've been considering working with the magic mentor due to people claiming that the mm can provide information on making your NAP ritual more effective. I have a few questions about the mm before I begin:

Is the mm essentially a tulpa? If so, there seem to be many stories of the tulpa eventually taking on a will of its own and no longer necessarily being an ally of its creator. Perhaps this is just that nagging worry/fear/doubt thing popping up again, but I think this might be a legitimate concern.

Can the mm be used as an intermediary between the magician and the NAP spirits? Sort of like the role assigned to Scirlin in the Grimorium Verum?

Has anyone had any additional benefits from working with the mm that haven't been listed in NAP or this thread and would be willing to share?

Thanks in advance and I apologize if these questions seem n00bish.

NAP quite clearly states that the MM is a helpful spirit and besides nothing is done for the creation of a thoughtform (Tulpa?) I have done guided pathworking and thoughtform creation before but it takes too much time and effort which is why this method has got me excited. Again I called the spirit today and the wave of energy is geting stronger, I felt it travel down my arms today and my hands tingled so strongly when I said goodbye to the spirit. The smile has now turned into an almost full-on laugh as well.

Earthoscope

Post#20 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:50 am

wizardscauldron wrote:NAP quite clearly states that the MM is a helpful spirit and besides nothing is done for the creation of a thoughtform (Tulpa?)

The book wasn't very clear to me on that point because it includes a section entitled "creating your magic mentor." I thought the part about being a helpful spirit as well as a reference to it being a "willing slave" were put in for the purpose of convincing the reader not to fear it turning against you.