Got my copy!

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
atreleo
Practicus

Re: Got my copy!

Post#11 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:10 pm

Moonlit Hermit wrote:Sorry, atreleo, I was having a little fun at you and talerman's expense.

talerman wrote:That is a book. :)

I think this is supposed to read "that is a great book," but I was having a little fun with stating the obvious.

I apologize again for derailing your thread.
Unfortunately I haven't worked with or even read New Avatar Power so I have nothing constructive to contribute except encouragement. Good job, keep up the good work.

No problem. I was just perplexed because it didn't seem the usual tones of your or Talerman's posts - usually very constructive and helpful. Ok, all clear now :)

Moonlit Hermit
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#12 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:25 pm

I'm not sure about Pablo. It's not clear to me if he suggests you read [rad] the introduction to that book or an introductory post in this subforum.
Oh wait, you asked how to start working with the book. Ha ha, the answer is start at the beginning.
Meegius, Betzahuach, Vacdez, Nufeneguidez
http://moonlithermit.blogspot.com/

talerman
Magus

Post#13 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:48 am

It was a joke, we do that sometimes :)

lefty
Practicus

Post#14 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:43 pm

I like a lot the book, and recommend reading it from the very start including the table of contents. It's not a tough read at all, unless you can't stomach the 70s at all ;^)

You may know this, it's kinda common knowledge if you look for it, but I want to share it anyway: we carry a ton of tension in our bodies. When he talks about relaxing and letting tension go, this is not as easy for many people as it may seem on the surface. There is so much great information here on this forum to help you out as you work through it. By analogy, a guitar book may be great but practicing and doing what the book says is better.

Topic author
atreleo
Practicus

Post#15 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:21 pm

I'm actually enjoying the 1970s stuff! The rituals, I read them before, on various sources online, but the whole structure, somehow disorganized, makes them seem more 'alive', to force each reader/practitioner to find his/her own order. I've read the whole book and I've started working on it but more as practice than real 'work', I'm not enough focused yet to start a regular practice of rituals. I'll report back!