Is this a typo in NAP?

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

Is this a typo in NAP?

Post#1 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:20 pm

Probably a dumb question but thought I'd check with you guys.

In the chant for money (p.52 NAP) the phonetic appears as this; "YEH-HO-VO-AH-VAY-DAH-ASS"

Was this just a simple typo and actually supposed to be YEH-HO-VO-EL-OH-AH-VAY-DAH-ASS"? (YHVH Eloah Vedaath)

Topic author
Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

Re: Is this a typo in NAP?

Post#2 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:13 am

Obviously it is a typo. One of a few in the book.
I probably should have just PMed someone about this. Cheers.

Martialis

Post#3 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:56 am

Yes I think you are correct because if you look at the chart (or/and just know basic qabalah) it should be YHVH Eloah V'Daath. I think I should point out that Mr. Cobb seems to use both, Ashkenazi and Sephardic hebrew, in different instances. For instance he gives Tipharet(h) as Tif-are-ate which could also be Tiphares and then gives YHVH Eloah V'Daas and Elohim Tzavoos which could also be YHVH Eloah V'Daath and and Elohim Tzabaoth. Prolly not something major but just thought I'd share that. Cheers!

Brother Suroh

Post#4 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:12 pm

Good to know before using this. So how do you guys know for sure that its wrong tho? I would just like to know so I can learn to be able to spot things like this. And are there any other typos we can be made aware about.

Martialis

Post#5 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:22 pm

Like I said if you check the chart Mr. Cobb provides you'll see that he has it the way Slater is saying. Also, if you look in most books on qabalah and the web you'll find it as YHVH Eloah V'Daath sometimes as V'Daas depending on the dialect as I pointed out in my previous post.

Brother Suroh

Post#6 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:26 pm

Oh so it is the incorrect godform to use to invoke wealth on the chart in the book.

Topic author
Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#7 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:44 pm

Brother Suroh wrote:Oh so it is the incorrect godform to use to invoke wealth on the chart in the book.

Yeah it's wrong in the chant IMO. The God names in the chant are simply the names/words of power used in the middle pillar ritual. It would have been a fairly simple typo seeing as he was spelling it phonetically and the proof readers probably had no idea what they were reading back in the day.

It was the missing phonetic syllables for the word "Eloah" that I spotted.

Martialis, thanks for the clarification on the dialect interchange. That makes sense now.

Brother Suroh

Post#8 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:22 pm

Money Invocation
In the Power of the Names EH-HEH-YEH, YEH-HO-VO-EL-OH-HEEM and YEH-HO-VO-AH-VAY-DAH-ASS I place this Invocation with Thee, KNEE-TEA-KAH (Nitika), Genius of Wealth.
Know that I require and command Thee to bring me gold. Thou hast dominion over wealth and Thou shalt begin this very instant to shape the future such that money shall come to me, enough and to spare , by the powers of these Words and Invocation.
Be Thou ruled by me in the Names SHAH-DYE-ELL-KIGH and AH-DOH-NIGH-HA-AH-RETZ. So mote it be.

Should be...
Money Invocation
In the Power of the Names EH-HEH-YEH, YEH-HO-VO-EL-OH-HEEM and YEH-HO-VO-EL-OH-AH-VAY-DAH-ASS I place this Invocation with Thee, KNEE-TEA-KAH (Nitika), Genius of Wealth.
Know that I require and command Thee to bring me gold. Thou hast dominion over wealth and Thou shalt begin this very instant to shape the future such that money shall come to me, enough and to spare , by the powers of these Words and Invocation.
Be Thou ruled by me in the Names SHAH-DYE-ELL-KIGH and AH-DOH-NIGH-HA-AH-RETZ. So mote it be.

Just to clarify it for everyone out there.

Martialis

Post#9 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:56 pm

Oh so it is the incorrect godform to use to invoke wealth on the chart in the book

The chart is fine it's the chant that has the incorrect form which you corrected above. Cheers!

Topic author
Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#10 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:52 pm

Actually, in the power gates or MP ritual explanation, there is one syllable missing from the 3rd arcane word of power on P.137 but at least we know what he means.

I am enjoying working from this book with results from the third day of use. The potential use seems boundless.