Is this a typo in NAP?

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

wizardscauldron
Adeptus Minor

Re: Is this a typo in NAP?

Post#21 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:19 am

Just out of interest I checked the wording for this in Marcus Bottomley's Power of the Ancient Deities and it is the same as in NAP. Clearly this book is an offshoot of NAP but Marcus and his students have had great success with the original wording for this money ritual so if results are what one is after then this is inconsequential but well spotted.
Hands that help are holier than lips that pray - S.S.S.B.

wizardscauldron
Adeptus Minor

Post#22 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:21 am

Slater wrote:Actually, in the power gates or MP ritual explanation, there is one syllable missing from the 3rd arcane word of power on P.137 but at least we know what he means.

I am enjoying working from this book with results from the third day of use. The potential use seems boundless.

I checked through the posts first as I noticed this as well. AH (in red) is missing as you say on p.137

YEH-HO-VO-EL-OH-AH-VE-DAH-AS
Hands that help are holier than lips that pray - S.S.S.B.

Inanna
Neophyte

Post#23 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:11 pm

That one is really driving me crazy, which one of these pronunciations is the correct one?

Ve Da-ath
Ve Da-at
Ve Da-ad
Ve Da-as
Va Da-ath
Va Da-at
Va Da-ad
Va Da-as

WolfAmongSheep
Philosophus

Post#24 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:33 am

Inanna wrote:That one is really driving me crazy, which one of these pronunciations is the correct one?

Ve Da-ath
Ve Da-at
Ve Da-ad
Ve Da-as
Va Da-ath
Va Da-at
Va Da-ad
Va Da-as

Ummm...Start at the 8:55 mark and listen for a minute: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUrrLaF5aUY

I have a feeling, but this is probably open to debate, that there is some leeway for accents, speech impediments, or words/syllables that aren't found in certain cultures (ie. the "L" being pronounced like a "R" by Japanese people learning English). Probably the best person to ask about that would be BBB or talerman, if you want to send them a PM.
Of the Seven Deadly Sins, Lust is definitely the pick of the litter ~ Anon