NAP within a circle?

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
ElBrujo

NAP within a circle?

Post#1 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:15 pm

In the Miracle of New Avatar Power, there is a very small sentence saying to do your Nap rituals within a circle. It is very easy to miss if you dont read carefully. I have always done my NAP on the floor without any circles or props. Perhaps Mr Cobb is hinting at something. Anyone seen or tried this? I can only imagine your NAP would be stronger/could enhance the energy.

vovin
Adeptus Exemptus

Re: NAP within a circle?

Post#2 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:44 pm

I normaly do the LBRP as part of my NAP ritual it is circle enough in my opinion.
Vovin
Remember 'For the Man of Religion, Believes in God, The Magician, Knows God.'
(Ars Solomonis)

Topic author
Brother Suroh

Post#3 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:38 am

I am starting to think that circles and all the extra utensils are really in the end optional. It is the mind state that must be controlled and if you need a circle of some kind to be able feel protected then do one if you can do so already without any physical circle or ritual then you should be fine.

Any veterans please comment and let me know what you think about that?

Topic author
ElBrujo

Post#4 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:47 am

The circle only serves as protection in Western Ritual. In Witchcraft it is used to build and channel energy.

Omnis Validus
Praeceptor
Praeceptor

Post#5 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:43 pm

I agree with ElBrujo:

In the majority of magickal practices I am aware of; for example Natural/Pagan practice, Wicca, Hoodoo to some extent, etc., When spells are cast a circle is used to hold all the energy you are channeling. It serves to not only keep negative energies and entities out, but also keeps all of the positive energies you're working with in.

I like the idea of working NAP within a circle.

X
Ex Mea Sententia.