Arzel explained

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
Pyronox
Practicus

Arzel explained

Post#1 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:41 am

Now we've got a 'Labezarin explained' thread: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6081&hilit=labezerin+explained. raum215 did a wonderful job exaplaining the name there.

Now what about Arzel? What does this word mean, exactly? I Googled like something else, I searched the forum, but I couldn't find an explanation for this name, only what the Angel does.

Any input is more than welcome. So, would anybody like to share?
Everything I see is sacred.

Topic author
Pyronox
Practicus

Re: Arzel explained

Post#2 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:40 am

Right so I was checking out the chapter on Arzel in one of Damon Brand's books and he wrote there that, Arzel and Raziel are one and the same, because their names, in writing, only differ by one silent vowel, so in pronunciation, he was saying, they are virtually the same.

And another thing caught my eye. He gives, in his book, a psalm where Arzel appears.

So there, according to this source: http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInter...psa80.pdf,
'arzi-al' would translate to 'cedars of El'.

I will use this psalm to call upon Arzel/Raziel the next time I'll do it (most probably this evening). Also, I will try to find some incense sticks or some kind of aromatherapy product based on cedar for the ritual.

I will equate Arzel with Raziel in my mind, although I pronounce the name somewhere in between the two names.

Also, I plan on looking into the significance of that psalm, the historical context and its meaning, and also to the significance of cedar.

Yay! I've got a lead and simply wanted to share it with you, if it may prove to be of any use to any members here. :D

Cheers!
Everything I see is sacred.

lefty
Practicus

Post#3 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:31 pm

I don't know that I love Brand's explanation of Arzel. There are other threads here, sorry I don't have time to find and link them, about Arzel. Raum contributed to those as well. The psalm you cite Raum also shared and as the angel of the Passover. I found it very useful, that psalm. Arzel is also mentioned in an Ethiopian text, represented as a protective white bird in Eden. Sorry for only posting a brief dismissal of Brand's idea, and giving so little in its stead. Also, though, if Brand's idea works for you, then stick with it. I have 2 books by Brand and the only thing that doesn't "jive" with me in them are his take on Arzel.

summerland
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#4 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:10 pm

lefty wrote:I don't know that I love Brand's explanation of Arzel. There are other threads here, sorry I don't have time to find and link them, about Arzel. Raum contributed to those as well. The psalm you cite Raum also shared and as the angel of the Passover. I found it very useful, that psalm. Arzel is also mentioned in an Ethiopian text, represented as a protective white bird in Eden. Sorry for only posting a brief dismissal of Brand's idea, and giving so little in its stead. Also, though, if Brand's idea works for you, then stick with it. I have 2 books by Brand and the only thing that doesn't "jive" with me in them are his take on Arzel.

:goodpost
"Ni neart go cur le cheile "