Pronunciation of Words of Power

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Gilbertopb
Magister Templi

Re: Pronunciation of Words of Power

Post#11 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:20 pm

NomenInspirata wrote:I am just curious about the the pronunciation of Tzavoös. It is written phonetically as being TZAH-VO-OSE (I read that as being TzahVo-Ose making the 'o' sound twice) any thoughts?

I'm not able to write on phonetics codes.

So appears the cited name have a german pronounce, this I say because the "ö". That in german have a pronouce like a very gutural "HEE", where the "H" means the tongue at upside of mouth.

Funny anyways.

Many of such names have a latin or greek source, so for us with such language sources it's easier.
But when that goes to english, sorry, your pronouce is really very different.

Some knowledge on german, greek, italian, latin and spanish with help.
I say no really need to lear in full the language, but the needed to get their proper accents.

And as commented here and many other topics about the same, practice and ask to the spirits to get the pronouce.

ALSO, something I found to work for me, is let the ritual power come and this way my pronouce changed with time, so I talk from inside and the accent results like I'm receiving some inspiration for that.

talerman
Magus

Post#12 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:25 pm

WolfAmongSheep wrote:I want you to think of it like this: If a person had a speech impediment, would the angels refuse to work with them? What if that person was a mute? The pronunciation isn't the key. Your intent is the key.

I appreciate what you said. And I think that you are mostly correct. And I have been also thinking like that most of my life. And I am still thinking that way, but, there is a but... :D

If you nailed the right pronunciation, the results might be astonishing and totally out of expectation!

Look, for example, before this topic and another similar topic I pronounced Shaddai El Chai with ch like "children", "chance", "change", etc. Wrong!
It should be pronounced "sh", like in "shop", "share", etc...

We'll never stop learning magic.

And if I may follow up with just what Gilberto said, I really think that our American friends should try to do their best not to conjure angels and demons with American accent :) No offence, but it really sounds sometimes funny...Though it might be a good idea for a woman to conjure a demon with a sexy French accent...ohhh...evocation would succeed, but I don't wanna think about the results :D

I would generally suggest Latin language pronunciation - I think that all of us know how to read Latin.

Moonlit Hermit
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#13 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:08 am

talerman wrote:
Look, for example, before this topic and another similar topic I pronounced Shaddai El Chai with ch like "children", "chance", "change", etc. Wrong!
It should be pronounced "sh", like in "shop", "share", etc...

Wait, what? I thought it was a hard sound like "character" or "key". :thinking
Meegius, Betzahuach, Vacdez, Nufeneguidez
http://moonlithermit.blogspot.com/

talerman
Magus

Post#14 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:32 am

Really? :)

I have always pronounced it like ch (child)

talerman
Magus

Post#15 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:36 am

Jokes aside now.

Wrong! Sorry, my previous post was wrong!

Chai should not be pronounced "sh", like in "shop", "share", etc...but like "h" (hotel, home, house).

I am really sorry for making this confusion.

philodox
Dominus
Dominus

Post#16 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:41 am

My pronunciation is between a K and an H, kind of like you have some phlegm stuck in your throat. ;)

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk
Hic nominabit Spiritus quos volet, cuiuscunq ordinis sunt.

NomenInspirata
Practicus

Post#17 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:53 am

I pronounce is K as in Kai, Kelly and Kellerman

Gilbertopb
Magister Templi

Post#18 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:54 am

philodox wrote:My pronunciation is between a K and an H, kind of like you have some phlegm stuck in your throat. ;)

I found this description better.

WolfAmongSheep
Philosophus

Post#19 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:09 pm

philodox wrote:My pronunciation is between a K and an H, kind of like you have some phlegm stuck in your throat. ;)

This is how I pronounce it and how I heard Dr. Regardie pronounce it when he was doing the recording for the Middle Pillar Ritual. :)
Of the Seven Deadly Sins, Lust is definitely the pick of the litter ~ Anon

philodox
Dominus
Dominus

Post#20 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:33 pm

Nice, always good to get confirmation on these things. One of my old Lodge friends is a bit of an expert on languages, so I always run my Hebrew, Latin and Greek pronunciations by him when I get a chance. :)

Hic nominabit Spiritus quos volet, cuiuscunq ordinis sunt.