Just Started with NAP

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
Saigetsu
Neophyte

Just Started with NAP

Post#1 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:46 am

I bought a hardcover copy back a while ago, but haven't seriously opened it yet. I took of the jacket and the book has this beautiful blue binding ?paper. I have read at least 80-90% of the entire NAP forum, and decided to start. I haven't tried the incantations yet, not until I achieve that compression that was described in the ritual analysis.

I took some advice and invited the mysteries of creation of the book to reveal themselves and guide me when I lighted a candle and rang this beautiful sounding bell that I had picked up in a store when I had heard it's clear piercing voice. When I opened up the page, I read it out loud. It was a variant of the Bornless Ritual. I noticed nothing around me. Then, I started from the beginning.

I read each page slowly and out loud, enunciating every word. Soon, after a few pages, my senses sharpened, I could easily feel temperature (I could feel which parts of the air was slightly colder), and feel the air flowing around my fingers even I'm moving it slowly, I'm not usually this aware. I could hear the conversations in the background, feel certain tensions in places and focus on them, even when before, they felt like a muddled mess because of my low sensitivity. My nose which was clogged popped and I was soon breathing better, and I could feel this power beneath my skin.

When I finished the beginning and Chapter 1, and tried the NAP Ritual, wow. Reading the book out loud makes such a difference. I then stopped for the first week of the winter quarter.

This weekend, a bit lazy and procrastinating, I picked up the book again and read the incantations chapter. I returned back to this state and felt my connection to the book increase. Just touching it and thinking about it's wordings pulls me toward this state. The book even said to "follow the words to the end." I don't know how, but the way the book is written does something to your mind.

So far, I have done only 2 spells, which were successful, and I think that starting NAP is a good idea. However, after reading the second chapter, I could "hear" the words STOPSTOPSTOPSTOPSTOP over and over in my mind; the "voice" (it was not exactly a voice, almost) did not sound like the voice I use and hear all the time to think out loud, so maybe now is not the right time to read the next chapter? Meh.

After, I keep performing the NAP ritual and reading the book to the end, I'll start working it's magic. I think I'm going to call Elubatel first though. To help me forge myself into a worthy magician.
In that case, I want a turtle. \[T]/ Saigetsu. 歳 - Months 月 - Years

Satori
Philosophus

Re: Just Started with NAP

Post#2 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:30 am

oh boy! There are plenty of threads and posts from experienced users of nap like summerland who worked with elubatel and let me tell you from what i ve read i advise you to think this trough very well before diving in. Read the experience of summerland and gilberto and then decide for yourself. About the voice i dont think a spirit would want to stop you from reading a book. Maybe your own mind playing tricks on you.
edit: reading your post better maybe reading it out loud made the neurolinguist programing the autor used hit you up and in that case it would not be wise to read rituals out loud maybe you could start something you didnt expect. The stop voice could be arzel
"Indeed there is no power whether in heaven, or earth, or in hell, which doesn't descend from God, such that without his favor or help nothing can be had, made, or brought into being." - The Arbatel of magic

Nahash
Practicus

Post#3 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:15 pm

Just read my recent post about Elubatel. Prepare to be destroyed and to love the experience. :mrgreen:
Doing is learning what you need to do

NoxLumina
Philosophus

Post#4 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:38 pm

That totally fits Arzel's MO. He doesn't like my weed smoking in conjunction with doing NAP and made that VERY clear.

Others haven't had this experience.
My NEW Magickal Blog: Dreamingflight

Topic author
Saigetsu
Neophyte

Post#5 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:25 pm

Satori wrote:oh boy! There are plenty of threads and posts from experienced users of nap like summerland who worked with elubatel and let me tell you from what i ve read i advise you to think this trough very well before diving in. Read the experience of summerland and gilberto and then decide for yourself. About the voice i dont think a spirit would want to stop you from reading a book. Maybe your own mind playing tricks on you.
edit: reading your post better maybe reading it out loud made the neurolinguist programing the autor used hit you up and in that case it would not be wise to read rituals out loud maybe you could start something you didnt expect. The stop voice could be arzel

I've read Summerland's but not gilberto's. Going to read right now...

Nahash wrote:Just read my recent post about Elubatel. Prepare to be destroyed and to love the experience. :mrgreen:

Definitely. He'll crush weakness, that's for sure.
Last edited by Saigetsu on Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Saigetsu
Neophyte

Post#6 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:26 pm

NoxLumina wrote:That totally fits Arzel's MO. He doesn't like my weed smoking in conjunction with doing NAP and made that VERY clear.

Well, I don't know much about Arzel yet....You can talk with Arzel?

Topic author
Saigetsu
Neophyte

Post#7 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:55 pm

I know just what to ask Elubatel. Instead of asking for something external, I'll ask him to help me develop skills,cultivate mindsets, and learn techniques that will prepare me for when shit really get's serious. Best develop or I'll get squashed.

NoxLumina
Philosophus

Post#8 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:59 pm

Saigetsu wrote:
NoxLumina wrote:That totally fits Arzel's MO. He doesn't like my weed smoking in conjunction with doing NAP and made that VERY clear.

Who knows, my experience may have been BECAUSE I was smoking weed before doing magick.
My NEW Magickal Blog: Dreamingflight

Topic author
Saigetsu
Neophyte

Post#9 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:14 pm

NoxLumina wrote:
Saigetsu wrote:

Who knows, my experience may have been BECAUSE I was smoking weed before doing magick.

Oh, cause some of the members here say that they are able to talk and experience spirits just like they would another human.

Topic author
Saigetsu
Neophyte

Post#10 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:36 am

I performed the invocation to learn about the mysteries of my own creation again and opened the book. I opened up to the same page I did last time. O_O

"You are now overflowing with the force of NAP and you bring this tide of power to a foaming glorious peak by reading the following incantation aloud slowly, with feeling.

Thee I invoke, The Bornless One...."

Going to finish chapter 3 tonight.