Just Started with NAP

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

NoxLumina
Philosophus

Re: Just Started with NAP

Post#21 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:30 pm

Teddybear123 wrote:
It might be a good idea for you change the wordings for NAP to fit your needs, such as ask him to help you to be on the right track and push you to make as much progress as possible without affecting career/studies too much for a total of six months. Also let him know, you would like to know him better, and hopefully he can let you know how he likes move during those six months.

I suspect that the wording in NAP, and the approach, is what goes wrong - or at last goes right but in scary ways - for a lot of people. We're essentially giving him a blank check.

In other magick (often "low" magick) I've worked with, terms have been VERY specific - how long the term of the spell ("by the next full moon..." is this), what stipulations you are putting on the magick ("...if it harm none"), and so forth.

I'm going to start working with Elubatel again - I'm jobless and broke and trying to get on my feet again, but have been afraid to evoke Elubatel because I don't want anything worse to happen than has already happened. I made my accomplishments of 2013 via working with a similar energy, but the struggle involved left me unable to really do much with the accomplishments I'd made, due to stress-related illness, worsened PTSD, and psychological burnout.

If I'm forced onto my feet because my parents die, and I'm forced to take just any job - that's the kind of thing I do NOT want to happen. I want to make a transition to something that would be best for me in the long run, with no harm to anyone else.

What I will be doing is setting very specific terms. I will experiment with setting a date for the spell to complete by, regardless of results (with my low magick work, I usually gave it a full lunar cycle). I hypothesize that setting a date of completion may help avoid the "I evoked Elubatel and now he won't quit" complaint. I'll see how it works out.
My NEW Magickal Blog: Dreamingflight