Just Started with NAP

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

summerland
Adeptus Exemptus

Re: Just Started with NAP

Post#11 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:57 pm

Saigetsu wrote:I performed the invocation to learn about the mysteries of my own creation again and opened the book. I opened up to the same page I did last time. O_O

"You are now overflowing with the force of NAP and you bring this tide of power to a foaming glorious peak by reading the following incantation aloud slowly, with feeling.

Thee I invoke, The Bornless One...."

Going to finish chapter 3 tonight.

I would not advise envoking Elubatel yet until you have read the book first. Get familiar with Arzel and Nitika first. Elubatel is a heavy weight. I only summon him when it is needed and its urgent. I have shied away from him because i dont like being in a tornado. If you want dramatic change in your life then Elubatel would be perfect...
"Ni neart go cur le cheile "

summerland
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#12 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:01 pm

summerland wrote:
Saigetsu wrote:I performed the invocation to learn about the mysteries of my own creation again and opened the book. I opened up to the same page I did last time. O_O

"You are now overflowing with the force of NAP and you bring this tide of power to a foaming glorious peak by reading the following incantation aloud slowly, with feeling.

I would not advise envoking Elubatel yet until you have read the book first. Get familiar with Arzel and Nitika first. Elubatel is a heavy weight. I only summon him when it is needed and its urgent. I have shied away from him because i dont like being in a tornado. If you want dramatic change in your life then Elubatel would be perfect...

Edit: A perfect storm thread.....You should read. It is what i and many others have experienced with this current.

NoxLumina
Philosophus

Post#13 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:44 pm

The whole thing with Elubatel - I think in some ways, it comes easier once you've really tuned into his current and learned to work with him. He bends time and space, they say. His energy sticks around until it's finally discharged and his goal is finally completed - no matter how long that takes. If he bends time and space, then perhaps he's in a sense (literally or metaphorically) folding space to decrease the distance between two points.

I worked some works of similar magick in 2009-10 but via a sort of direct magick. I wanted to finish school and start a new career. It was like becoming a rubberband, being stretched out backwards at first, but then springing ahead... oh, I got what I asked for, alright. To make a long story short, it was the very sort of traumatic unfolding (with multiple life-altering calamities, including illness that got steadily worse the longer I was in school) that people talk about. But I ended up with an AA and all but one of my transfer requirements done (I stopped at that for the time being because my health was deteriorating).

That is kind of how Elubatel tends to work, in my experience/observation. I don't work with him casually. He IS a good last-ditch choice, in my experience - when you need to accomplish a thing but do not know how it will or can unfold. But there is a certain amount of surrender involved. It depends upon how much you need the thing. If you need the thing - BUT it seems fairly easily attainable/a logical next step (such as doing spellwork for a job when you already have potential interviews and leads and are well-qualified in a field with abundant openings) - then there's no need to haul out a nuke when a flyswatter will do the job.

When I was in health care, getting work was ridiculously easy for me, so if I was between jobs, I just did low magick for that.

If I want to explore my broader goals, heck, I do divination, journaling, and vision board/collage work for that.

I work with Elubatel and his energy to have a new career, when I don't have any idea what I'm doing, what I want, etc. and there are obstacles.

He's good for major changes. I don't evoke him for minor changes, or things I can just as easily do for myself.
My NEW Magickal Blog: Dreamingflight

Topic author
Saigetsu
Neophyte

Post#14 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:01 am

NoxLumina wrote:The whole thing with Elubatel - I think in some ways, it comes easier once you've really tuned into his current and learned to work with him. He bends time and space, they say. His energy sticks around until it's finally discharged and his goal is finally completed - no matter how long that takes. If he bends time and space, then perhaps he's in a sense (literally or metaphorically) folding space to decrease the distance between two points.

I worked some works of similar magick in 2009-10 but via a sort of direct magick. I wanted to finish school and start a new career. It was like becoming a rubberband, being stretched out backwards at first, but then springing ahead... oh, I got what I asked for, alright. To make a long story short, it was the very sort of traumatic unfolding (with multiple life-altering calamities, including illness that got steadily worse the longer I was in school) that people talk about. But I ended up with an AA and all but one of my transfer requirements done (I stopped at that for the time being because my health was deteriorating).

That is kind of how Elubatel tends to work, in my experience/observation. I don't work with him casually. He IS a good last-ditch choice, in my experience - when you need to accomplish a thing but do not know how it will or can unfold. But there is a certain amount of surrender involved. It depends upon how much you need the thing. If you need the thing - BUT it seems fairly easily attainable/a logical next step (such as doing spellwork for a job when you already have potential interviews and leads and are well-qualified in a field with abundant openings) - then there's no need to haul out a nuke when a flyswatter will do the job.

summerland wrote:
summerland wrote:

Edit: A perfect storm thread.....You should read. It is what i and many others have experienced with this current.

That seems like a good idea with Arzel, but why Nitika? I vaguely recall an analysis of his agency (name) was something to do with wealth and the pouring forth of fortune.

The thing is, my goal is to jump-start my evolution with a massive kick. It may hurt like hell, but I need to be able to hold myself together in one piece first. Given that my first two spells had amazing successes, I want to refine that power more, as well as develop my maturity.
In that case, I want a turtle. \[T]/ Saigetsu. 歳 - Months 月 - Years

NoxLumina
Philosophus

Post#15 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:21 am

Saigetsu wrote:
That seems like a good idea with Arzel, but why Nitika? I vaguely recall an analysis of his agency (name) was something to do with wealth and the pouring forth of fortune.

The thing is, my goal is to jump-start my evolution with a massive kick. It may hurt like hell, but I need to be able to hold myself together in one piece first. Given that my first two spells had amazing successes, I want to refine that power more, as well as develop my maturity.

As you start exploring these different entities and keeping notes on them, you will get a "feel" for them and you'll get to know them. That will increase the more you work with them. Nitika seems a much more specialized sort of spirit whereas Elubatel works more broadly. But that's from experience.

It depends upon what you want. Maybe a massive kick is just the thing for you. I had one, I'll stay here in the shallow end for a while, thanks!
My NEW Magickal Blog: Dreamingflight

Topic author
Saigetsu
Neophyte

Post#16 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:23 am

NoxLumina wrote:
Saigetsu wrote:

As you start exploring these different entities and keeping notes on them, you will get a "feel" for them and you'll get to know them. That will increase the more you work with them. Nitika seems a much more specialized sort of spirit whereas Elubatel works more broadly. But that's from experience.

It depends upon what you want. Maybe a massive kick is just the thing for you. I had one, I'll stay here in the shallow end for a while, thanks!

Cheers!

Teddybear123
Practicus

Post#17 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:42 am

Saigetsu wrote:I know just what to ask Elubatel. Instead of asking for something external, I'll ask him to help me develop skills,cultivate mindsets, and learn techniques that will prepare me for when shit really get's serious. Best develop or I'll get squashed.

It might be a good idea for you change the wordings for NAP to fit your needs, such as ask him to help you to be on the right track and push you to make as much progress as possible without affecting career/studies too much for a total of six months. Also let him know, you would like to know him better, and hopefully he can let you know how he likes move during those six months.

This is kinda funny how on my very first invocation I went with Elubatel as well. I was actually kinda desperate for a change back then. It seems when people want big changes we are automatically are drawn to Elubatel.

I personally really like him. Looking back at my two previous jobs he got for me and how I stated on what I want to learn from the job. I definitely got what I wanted and the job was quite demanding. The company was borderline breaking labor laws. So I think it is fair to say what you asked for, you will be pushed out of your comfort zone into the war zone to get it.

Topic author
Saigetsu
Neophyte

Post#18 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:50 am

Teddybear123 wrote:
Saigetsu wrote:I know just what to ask Elubatel. Instead of asking for something external, I'll ask him to help me develop skills,cultivate mindsets, and learn techniques that will prepare me for when shit really get's serious. Best develop or I'll get squashed.

It might be a good idea for you change the wordings for NAP to fit your needs, such as ask him to help you to be on the right track and push you to make as much progress as possible without affecting career/studies too much for a total of six months. Also let him know, you would like to know him better, and hopefully he can let you know how he likes move during those six months.

This is kinda funny how on my very first invocation I went with Elubatel as well. I was actually kinda desperate for a change back then. It seems when people want big changes we are automatically are drawn to Elubatel.

I personally really like him. Looking back at my two previous jobs he got for me and how I stated on what I want to learn from the job. I definitely got what I wanted and the job was quite demanding. The company was borderline breaking labor laws. So I think it is fair to say what you asked for, you will be pushed out of your comfort zone into the war zone to get it.

Good advice. Gave me more to consider. I liked everyone's contributions cause they helped me think more about this!

johnblend
Philosophus

Post#19 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:05 pm

Me and my gf started reading it out loud. She was reading through the chapter with the chants, i guess it was after elubatel chant that ripples like on water started to appear through the air. Not vibrating, just reading in a normal tone without any intent.

That was one of the wierdest nap related events. So reading it out loud does attune or bring in energies.

summerland
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#20 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:12 pm

johnblend wrote:Me and my gf started reading it out loud. She was reading through the chapter with the chants, i guess it was after elubatel chant that ripples like on water started to appear through the air. Not vibrating, just reading in a normal tone without any intent.

That was one of the wierdest nap related events. So reading it out loud does attune or bring in energies.

I agree reading out load is better! Vocalizing helps with your emotions. Maybe some think this spirit does not have emotions....But...He does pick up on how sincere you are and what do you want to do about the situation. Today i called out his name 3 times....I havent been still enough to hear what he was saying. Is this Mercury going retrograde? Hell no! Just his reminder for me to be still and analyze what i need to do about my life in general.

4 years of college and i cant get a good job to smile and enjoy going to work. Some think at least you have one. Making 11 an hour is not paying my bills. At first it was subtle irritating set backs. Then it dawn on me.....Yep....Elubatel! Not Mercury going retrograde. I blame weird experiences like miscommunications (fuck it i spelled it right) phone computers etc... Yes on Mercury retrograde...But not this same feeling of this current again!

I will summon him again and find out wtf i need to do and what does he want from me.