My Arzel experience

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
NoxLumina
Philosophus

My Arzel experience

Post#1 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:36 pm

So far, have only worked with Arzel and Elubatel. Elubatel will work with me, no problem, but found that the other invocations were just fizzling. I.e., I saw nothing, felt nothing. Whereas I feel both Arzel and Elubatel as a strong presence, hear knocks, see a presence out of the corner of my eye, etc.

I've been smoking weed like a chimney for the past year (50% of the time as a medical user, but the rest of the time, if I'm honest with myself, not for any "necessary" reason). Arzel made it clear to me that he wouldn't work with me if I approached NAP work after smoking, and wouldn't put me in touch with any other spirits (except for Elubatel - anyone have any thoughts as to why this might be? I have my suspicions based upon Elubatel stories on this forum). He also made it clear that this was a condition of doing *this* magick and has nothing to do with other magick I did (I was doing quasi-shamanic stuff and connecting to a spirit of cannabis itself, for quite some time). He also is giving me the impression that I need to do magickal work on the health problems that made me get my medical marijuana card to begin with.

The irony is that the last couple of times, I've felt bored while smoking (defeating the purpose of much of my smoking, which if im honest, was to relieve boredom), have experienced nothing psychedelic or interesting (that I couldn't experience doing magick), and ended up just feeling tired. I'm also starting to feel uncomfortable when I'm stoned, to the degree that I don't like to smoke outside of social situations anymore. Quite suddenly. It's enough of a deterrent to make me want to switch to a non-psychedelic strain entirely (for when I use it for actually medicating - there are high CBD/low THC strains that relieve pain but don't make you high).

TL;DR: Arzel doesn't want me to smoke weed.

Thanks Arzel and Elubatel... I guess... Lol! This stuff works!

What's your crazy story?
My NEW Magickal Blog: Dreamingflight

~Seraph
Adeptus Minor

Post#2 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:12 pm

Try smoking Salvia Divinorum instead.

S.

corvidus
Adeptus Major

Re: My Arzel experience

Post#3 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:27 pm

Salvia Divinorum doesn't like to be smoked, it's a water herb. Make an alcohol tincture of it if you can. Doing this will mellow the high and increase the length of the 'experience' from 5-10 minutes to around 30.

Interesting experience though. If I could ask, NoxLumina, what illness do you suffer from that requires medical marijuana?

He also is giving me the impression that I need to do magickal work on the health problems that made me get my medical marijuana card to begin with.
We really must free ourselves from the seduction of words

Topic author
NoxLumina
Philosophus

Post#4 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:30 am

corvidus wrote:Salvia Divinorum doesn't like to be smoked, it's a water herb. Make an alcohol tincture of it if you can. Doing this will mellow the high and increase the length of the 'experience' from 5-10 minutes to around 30.

Interesting experience though. If I could ask, NoxLumina, what illness do you suffer from that requires medical marijuana?

He also is giving me the impression that I need to do magickal work on the health problems that made me get my medical marijuana card to begin with.

Fibroids, autoimmune stuff - actually, the mmj has successfully kept the autoimmune stuff at bay. Fibroids, it just relieves pain.

I'll try Salvia and other entheogens if I need to. If I'm honest with myself, at the moment, I don't need to.

I did some really intense work with the plant spirit of cannabis before taking up NAP.; it's actually what got me back into magick after years out. I got what I needed, and apart from approaching
her in her guise as healer, I'm not seeing the need anymore. I learned a way of thinking about things that I no longer need to be high to engage. And increasingly, the drive to use it "for funsies" has rapidly dropped off. It wasn't so much a craving for weed as it was "wtf, nothing else is happening anyway, may as well". None of my friends smoke, none of my environments are weed-conducive, so there's nothing around me to reinforce my use.

It's remarkable though that since taking up my work with Arzel (who doesn't want me to approach him under the influence), I've stopped having highs that are even pleasurable. It's starting to feel more like a regular medicine with side effects of grogginess (so use with caution) than a fun weed that's incidentally medicinal.

WhiteRaven
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#5 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:45 pm

Spirits are great with addiction. I quit smoking tobacco when I found out I was pregnant with my son 3 years ago after having an intense experience with Raphael who predicted the gender, physical stature, and personally of my baby.

I just stopped wanting cigarettes. I reduced how many I smoked per day until I was only smoking that one before bed. Then I didn't even want that. And boy, was I stressed out at the time! So it didn't even make sense that I would just lose the desire like that since I began smoking to counter stress. I really thought it was going to be very difficult to quit, but it wasn't.

I'd say Arzel is looking out for you. Spirits have an easier time seeing the spirit body which reflects a good deal of our physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health and even problems developing which can be prevented from manifesting. When they seem like the they know the future, many times, they are cheating by merely reading our energy.

summerland
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#6 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:47 pm

NoxLumina wrote:So far, have only worked with Arzel and Elubatel. Elubatel will work with me, no problem, but found that the other invocations were just fizzling. I.e., I saw nothing, felt nothing. Whereas I feel both Arzel and Elubatel as a strong presence, hear knocks, see a presence out of the corner of my eye, etc.

I've been smoking weed like a chimney for the past year (50% of the time as a medical user, but the rest of the time, if I'm honest with myself, not for any "necessary" reason). Arzel made it clear to me that he wouldn't work with me if I approached NAP work after smoking, and wouldn't put me in touch with any other spirits (except for Elubatel - anyone have any thoughts as to why this might be? I have my suspicions based upon Elubatel stories on this forum). He also made it clear that this was a condition of doing *this* magick and has nothing to do with other magick I did (I was doing quasi-shamanic stuff and connecting to a spirit of cannabis itself, for quite some time). He also is giving me the impression that I need to do magickal work on the health problems that made me get my medical marijuana card to begin with.

The irony is that the last couple of times, I've felt bored while smoking (defeating the purpose of much of my smoking, which if im honest, was to relieve boredom), have experienced nothing psychedelic or interesting (that I couldn't experience doing magick), and ended up just feeling tired. I'm also starting to feel uncomfortable when I'm stoned, to the degree that I don't like to smoke outside of social situations anymore. Quite suddenly. It's enough of a deterrent to make me want to switch to a non-psychedelic strain entirely (for when I use it for actually medicating - there are high CBD/low THC strains that relieve pain but don't make you high).

What's your crazy story?

I have written posts about Arzel and Elubatel connections.....I have smoked weed (not a lot of it) and had a shot of whiskey before envoking Arzel before.... Arzel never has said not to smoke weed. Each of us are different so our methods are....When I ask for Elubatel I dont use rituals....I just call his name and that is enough. But there is a strong connection with Arzel and Elubatel working together.
"Ni neart go cur le cheile "

Topic author
NoxLumina
Philosophus

Post#7 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:49 pm

summerland wrote:
NoxLumina wrote:So far, have only worked with Arzel and Elubatel. Elubatel will work with me, no problem, but found that the other invocations were just fizzling. I.e., I saw nothing, felt nothing. Whereas I feel both Arzel and Elubatel as a strong presence, hear knocks, see a presence out of the corner of my eye, etc.

What's your crazy story?

I have written posts about Arzel and Elubatel connections.....I have smoked weed (not a lot of it) and had a shot of whiskey before envoking Arzel before.... Arzel never has said not to smoke weed. Each of us are different so our methods are....When I ask for Elubatel I dont use rituals....I just call his name and that is enough. But there is a strong connection with Arzel and Elubatel working together.

I think that in my case, it's very specific to my case and my specific use. I came to ritual high off my ass a few times, as opposed to merely buzzed/relaxed, as "high off my ass" is a way I've done other magickal work. I can see everyone being different. Strangely enough, I actually have stronger and more noteworthy experiences when I practice *this* magick sober. I think I needed to experience these energies without additional help, and having done so, I'm actually more confident and comfortable with the practice now. I've had very productive and fruitful experiences with Lady Cannabis doing other kinds of work.

summerland
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#8 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:16 am

I get this high when i envoke Nitika without any substance. I feel stoned out of my mind by the time i say his name the 3rd time. Arzel.....puts me in a calm frame of mind, I have a specific question i ask him to know he is presence....Just very calm feeling with him. Elubatel is a whole different story, There are sounds, feelings, and visual effects (You will know his presence) He makes no bones about it! But Nitika .... definitely .....High!

summerland
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#9 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:32 pm

Ive asked Arzel about drinking a shot before envoking him....Its not that he disapproves of this but his words are "I flow through you".....Feeling i get is he wants you to be you! Not something thats inhabits to alter your feelings......