Noob doubts

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
KnowledgeSeeker
Neophyte

Noob doubts

Post#1 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:53 am

Hello there folks,so I've been performing NAP with some level of success but not the level I wanted it to be.
So,is there any way I can improve my results? You guys helped me solve my depression and now this,
are the half results because I practice from a pdf and not an original?
Can you folks give me some pointers or directions?
When I sit in my couch during normal times(not practicing magick) and I vibrate the name of any NAP spirit,I can feel this cool wave around me.But,I am not getting that during ritual.
The only sign(if it is) is that my candle's flame becoming really straight and tall and when I finished reading bornless ritual,it sort of returns to normal size.
Am I doing something wrong?
Please help

KnowledgeSeeker
Reading furnishes the mind only with materials of knowledge; it is thinking that makes what we read ours.

: John Locke

RoseRed
Adeptus Major

Re: Noob doubts

Post#2 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:35 am

Why would you think that? Do you feel guilty using the pdf instead of the original? That would most definitely influence the outcomes of your workings.

If you don't - I'll leave it to those that have more knowledge of NAP than I do.
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

Topic author
KnowledgeSeeker
Neophyte

Post#3 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:32 pm

RoseRed wrote:Why would you think that? Do you feel guilty using the pdf instead of the original? That would most definitely influence the outcomes of your workings.

If you don't - I'll leave it to those that have more knowledge of NAP than I do.

Someone here said that matters,.. :/
Reading furnishes the mind only with materials of knowledge; it is thinking that makes what we read ours.

SlimShady
Zelator

Noob doubts

Post#4 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:15 am

I have both versions and i can confirm, you can use your pdf version with no problem at all.

WhiteRaven
Adeptus Exemptus

Re: Re: Noob doubts

Post#5 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:14 pm

KnowledgeSeeker wrote:when I finished reading bornless ritual

It's not a cook book for magick. You cannot simply read it off a page...worse a screen, and expect the words to do something.

The spark is made with you, your mind, your will, your focus. You could be singing the Barney song, and still practice successful magick. So if you don't know how to raise energy in yourself (like psyching yourself up for a performance, challenge or competition) than you aren't doing anything more than reading off a page.

I hate movies for creating this misconception.

summerland
Adeptus Exemptus

Post#6 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:05 pm

KnowledgeSeeker wrote:Hello there folks,so I've been performing NAP with some level of success but not the level I wanted it to be.
So,is there any way I can improve my results? You guys helped me solve my depression and now this,
When I sit in my couch during normal times(not practicing magick) and I vibrate the name of any NAP spirit,I can feel this cool wave around me.But,I am not getting that during ritual.
The only sign(if it is) is that my candle's flame becoming really straight and tall and when I finished reading bornless ritual,it sort of returns to normal size.
Please help

KnowledgeSeeker

I started off with the PDF version and had good results from it. There are topics on this subject....We did an experiment on this and results were the actual book is more powerful it serves as a talisman. PDFs work well....Its the magick you put behind it that matters and the intent. I did an experiment with "The Bornless" too....I repeated it 3 times and the energy i felt spun around me as i sat in the chair.
"Ni neart go cur le cheile "

Ahzriel
Practicus

Post#7 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:41 pm

Hello there folks,so I've been performing NAP with some level of success but not the level I wanted it to be.
Please help

KnowledgeSeeker

if you want to get better results, then for one month do the entire ritual setup twice a day, or at least once a day, EVERY DAY, but without calling a spirit. i dont remember the exact layout, but i think its like uncrossing, middle pillar, bornless, and then call whatever spirit. cut out the spirit part.

Get really good at each of these things, focus completely on them, or to put it better, LET yourself be present and absorbed in the moment.
1. do uncrossing and be completely relaxed and present.
2.do middle pillar, and meditate on the pillar inside of you with a relaxed state of mind.
3 do the bornless ritual and let it envelop you. really "inflame yourself with prayer" stay in this state for a few minutes.

4. when you go back to calling spirits in, when you do call a spirit, vibrate that name with your whole being. and i dont just mean physically and astrally, but with your whole consciousness. the closest thing i can compare it to is when you get completely caught up in music and nothing else exists.

if you do this for one month youll have waaaay better results. the point is to be completely absorbed in the ritual, and to be able to raise a lot more energy. if you do the middle pillar etc for a period of time without constantly sending the energy out it will become a lot more powerful.

p.s. you dont have to do it for a month, you could do it for like a week or something, but choose an amount of days and a number of rituals per day, and commit to it 100% and you will be surprised at the results. :D

Topic author
KnowledgeSeeker
Neophyte

Post#8 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:27 am

@WhiteRaven,sorry that's a problem with my english...I meant after I finished saying it.I usually imagine myself the way the second part of the oration says.I imagine myself being at the center of everything and that the universe will move at my word.I have to constantly look at the book in which I copied the ritual..does that have anything to do with this? :thinking

@summerland After the bornless part I usually stop feeling that cool wave I feel during central pillar :thinking

@Ahzriel I think I will do that for a week from tomorrow :goodpost

Thank you for replying guys :Thank You

WhiteRaven
Adeptus Exemptus

Re: Re: Noob doubts

Post#9 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:55 pm

KnowledgeSeeker wrote:I have to constantly look at the book in which I copied the ritual..does that have anything to do with this? :thinking

Yes, this breaks your concentration and visualization. You should be getting deeper and deeper into it to a point where nothing else exists. It should be natural like singing your favorite song.

RoseRed
Adeptus Major

Post#10 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:27 pm

and you know all the words. That helps a lot.
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.