Continue or Start Over?

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
jeff grayhair
Zelator

Continue or Start Over?

Post#1 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:06 pm

Just a quick question.
The NAP book says its best to keep on doing the invocation for 7 days straight or until you see a result.
My question is:If you skip a day or two are you supposed to approach the invocation as if you are beginning again and as if you never summoned the spirit with the same particular request before?
A detailed answer and a personal example from your own experience will be greatly appreciated.

Tim the Enchanter
Neophyte

Re: Continue or Start Over?

Post#2 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:03 am

Hey there.

I suppose my first response here would be a counter-question:

In what ways do you approach an invocation differently if it's not the first time doing it?

As far as I am aware, I always do the invocations as if they were being done for the first time. Every time. Even if it were Day 16 or something.

Although, tbh, I don't think I've ever managed more than 4 days in a row without having to skip a few days or even longer in some cases. I don't worry about it, I just get back to doing them next chance I have.

lefty
Practicus

Re: Continue or Start Over?

Post#3 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:58 pm

Tim makes sense to me. But I also think that Tim is doing it the same way everything in a formal ritualistic manner which makes sense since these are rituals. That is not the same thing as "as if you never summoned the spirit with the same particular request before" because that implies doing something different when in a continuous series than when the series becomes unexpectedly discontinuous.

But I think there is also something about developing relationships where formality of precise and unchanging ritualistic behavior can give way towards something specific to you and your contact--- not necessarily less formal or anything, but something that acknowledges the reality of how you're working. You have to find what works for you, and I think that will incorporate what you do even when that isn't what you want to do in rituals.

I tend to call a spirit 3 times and if I work with them intermittently, I acknowledge that, generally in the first or second call. If I'm working with other spirits as part of a larger thing thing that has components (think division of labor in a big construction project), I acknowledge that and lay out who is being called, why and what the big picture is. I do this in my mind or out loud or both. That is not "as if you never summoned the spirit with the same particular request before" at all, so I think I would say I work in the far end of the spectrum away from that kind of working. That absolutely does not mean I think I'm right, either for what would be "best practices" for me or for anyone else.