NAP Ritual and One Spell Only

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
Laskin
Neophyte

NAP Ritual and One Spell Only

Post#1 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:29 am

Hi everyone,

Geoff Gray-Cobb says that you should only use one spell from chapter 2 of NAP a day after you've completed the NAP Ritual.

Has anyone successfully used more than one spell a day?

Thanks.

Pantaskios
Practicus

Re: NAP Ritual and One Spell Only

Post#2 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:46 pm

In my limited experience with the NAP, I've found that some of the guidelines can be bent if you are already successfully working magic. The guidelines are there so that anyone can pick up the book and get results. Two rituals a day could lead one to take them less seriously and one a day is usually plenty if you're doing them well.

lefty
Practicus

Re: NAP Ritual and One Spell Only

Post#3 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:56 pm

when I do more than one ritual it has either been where they were directed towards the same end or just opening myself up to the MM. When both were towards the same end, I can't really know if it it was one, the other, or the combination. When I used to work with the MM after doing a ritual, I would see results from the ritual in a reasonable way within a few days (or not, depending), and I didn't have trouble getting contact with the MM.

It can be taxing, depending on how you work, and it can take up a lot of time-- again depending on how you work. I think this is where experimentation, note taking, practice, study, and growth as an artist in these arts come in. Divination too (Tarot, or what ever you use) can help direct your work or clarify it for you, but maybe a few different things have to be "firing on all cylinders" for that to work. I don't know how how much experience you have with any of it, so that is a general statement. These are all general statements actually. Also, with regard to the "depth" of the work, no book as helped me more than Josephine McCarthy's Book I of her trilogy Magical Knowledge. At this point the things I do I see more as the cake being things I got from her books and the icing being NAP; except I'm not a cake person, so the beef stew and noodles are things from her book and the dollop of horseradish is NAP.