Belief, Spheres of Availability, Results and so on

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
B_M
Neophyte

Belief, Spheres of Availability, Results and so on

Post#1 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:36 pm

Belief is often said to be a deal-breaker. Even in cases where the author says you don't need to believe to get results, my experience is that the results achieved can be affected in the sense of them "not sticking". Getting an interview for the perfect job is not the same as getting the perfect job, having sex once is not the same as having the relationship of your dreams, a wish seemingly unrelated can affect another, and so on.

So...

1) How do you guys make sure results "stick"?

2) How do you guys make sure your subconscious doesn't get in the way somehow?

Especially for people with low self-esteem, getting and keeping good results can be hard. NLP and affirmations only go so far (at least for me), and even when I don't think beforehand whether something is in my "Sphere of Availability" ("Decision Space", etc), in the end, looking back, my results often are quicker when they are within my current reality. Asking that a girl I haven't seen in months get in touch with me can take a minute to a day. Asking to meet my perfect dream girl who looked like so-and-so took 3 years.

Regardless of what I want to believe, feasibility still affects my results.

I have no luck feeling any presence or getting any real answer from MM or the pendulum, so I'm asking you guys for feedback.

What do you guys recommend?
Last edited by B_M on Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just be Here.

Pantaskios
Practicus

Re: Belief, Spheres of Availability, Results and so on

Post#2 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:36 am

For your example of getting an interview vs. getting the job, it somewhat seems like you're looking at magical workings as a "one and done" sort of deal. My best workings and results have come from a natural flow in which I don't stop when there is a hint at result, but instead integrate the solution into myself. This also has to do with balancing the magical with the mundane as it's all too easy to be short sighted.

As far as getting exact results and preventing your subconscious from "getting in the way," knowing yourself, exactly what you want and why seem to be the most important ingredients. Reasons why are not necessary, but they make things much easier and some things seem rather impossible without a good reason. ("My belief says so" is a pretty poor reason.) Radically reforming one's life would be an example. Whether your life needs to be reformed or you simply think it would be better for you if different, you could end up anywhere if you don't have a driving point. At some point, in any significant working, you will be challenged (whether you are aware or not) and being able to handle that challenge is what makes "results stick" and allows for progress.

So, basically, I think knowledge is more important than belief. Belief can grease the wheels and maybe even get you off the ground, but it will only get you so far before you need drive and balance to actually get somewhere.

Pablo
Magister Templi

Post#3 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:51 am

B_M wrote:Belief is often said to be a deal-breaker. Even in cases where the author says you don't need to believe to get results, my experience is that the results achieved can be affected in the sense of them "not sticking". Getting an interview for the perfect job is not the same as getting the perfect job, having sex once is not the same as having the relationship of your dreams, a wish seemingly unrelated can affect another, and so on.

So...

1) How do you guys make sure results "stick"?

2) How do you guys make sure your subconscious don't get in the way somehow?

Especially for people with low self-esteem, getting and keeping good results can be hard. NLP and affirmations only go so far (at least for me), and even when I don't think beforehand whether something is in my "Sphere of Availability" ("Decision Space", etc), in the end, looking back, my results often are quicker when they are within my current reality. Asking that a girl I haven't seen in months get in touch with me can take a minute to a day. Asking to meet my perfect dream girl who looked like so-and-so took 3 years.

Regardless of what I want to believe, feasibility still affects my results.

Firstly I would suggest that all magicians get some kind of divination system going. I have a hunch you may get on well with the Yi Ching for some reason.

The issue of the role of belief is (IMO) woefully misunderstood. I am by nature a sceptic yet I evoke spirits. The key to the whole thing is applied and appropriate belief. Anyway how can you "inflame yourself with prayer" when you do not believe?

When you are performing a working you should enter into the appropriate belief system. So that old painted broom handle is a wand that you consecrated....

A magical ritual can be an ignition device that gives you the opportunity to go forwards there must be self-transformation to make lasting changes often. Are you giving the ritual enough time for fruition??

Your "subconscious" should be prepared for magic for performing magic. there are many books of occult exercises so I will not suggest any one here. Everyone if different Just because some people on here get brilliant results evertime does not mean that you will do so now. but by getting your game right you could also be flying!
The vulgar is at everyone's command. Eirenaeus Philalethes - The marrow of Alchemy

Topic author
B_M
Neophyte

Post#4 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:16 am

Interesting that you mention the I-Ching, as I have a book on I-Ching I bought while researching for my comic. I've even incorporated a trigram in my art-related signature, due to my major character (which I think of every day) representing "Heaven", so your intuition may be on to something...

I'll get to it today.

Thanks for the replies, both were very insightful and well thought-out.
Just be Here.

Pablo
Magister Templi

Post#5 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:18 pm

Also those with low self esteem need to get their heads together to prepare for victory. We can easily undo ourselves.
The vulgar is at everyone's command. Eirenaeus Philalethes - The marrow of Alchemy