Practicing?

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
KnowledgeSeeker
Neophyte

Practicing?

Post#1 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:48 pm

So,I've been practicing NAP for a while but it got more irregular recently due to med school and all.

My question is,can I practice NAP opening,NAP gates,power circulation,power fountain whenever I can? and more than once a day? as long as I kept the incantation to once a day?

Sorry if this question was asked before :whistle :D
Reading furnishes the mind only with materials of knowledge; it is thinking that makes what we read ours.

: John Locke

Pablo
Magister Templi

Re: Practicing?

Post#2 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:08 pm

IMO Practice makes perfect. It is always good to build up your "NAP Muscles". If you leave out the power names it really is a good idea. It may even be that you have to do some NAP work in the middle of a dream as you become lucid!!! It has been known to happen.
The vulgar is at everyone's command. Eirenaeus Philalethes - The marrow of Alchemy

lefty
Practicus

Post#3 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:27 pm

Congratulations on being in med school!

There is an advantage to once-a-day get in-get out for any kind of practice, and better if it can be scheduled as reasonably as we can schedule things into our own lives. The advantage is this, you go and do your practice and you finish, because you have a life and you have a schedule and commitments. You keep a note book as best you can. You may think you had an OK practice or a bad one or even a great one. As time goes on the repetition and self-assessment will lead to improvement. That great one some months ago will look, if you end up ever recalling it, to be OK in hindsight. The bad one might make sense as suddenly see fine due to the circumstances. Stick to a schedule as best you can, but make it fit you med school is your priority obviously. But basically, this is a meditation. If it doesn't benefit you something is out of place. But by sticking to a strict and narrow schedule you have to improv and get more consistent. If you invest too much time into something you will improve but not get more consistent, because you train yourself to see time as a luxury.

Just keep it basic and you will master it. I do the middle pillar when I wake up, unless I can't. Then I don't.

Topic author
KnowledgeSeeker
Neophyte

Post#4 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:06 pm

Pablo wrote:If you leave out the power names it really is a good idea.

do you mean angel names? or those vibrated with energy spheres? :thinking

Pablo wrote:It may even be that you have to do some NAP work in the middle of a dream as you become lucid!!! It has been known to happen.

Did you ever experience that? if so,can you share how it felt? like,do you suddenly realize in the middle of a dream? :thinking

lefty wrote:Congratulations on being in med school!

You keep a note book as best you can. You may think you had an OK practice or a bad one or even a great one. As time goes on the repetition and self-assessment will lead to improvement. That great one some months ago will look, if you end up ever recalling it, to be OK in hindsight. The bad one might make sense as suddenly see fine due to the circumstances. Stick to a schedule as best you can, but make it fit you med school is your priority obviously.

thanks,I will try to maintain a book :)

Just keep it basic and you will master it. I do the middle pillar when I wake up, unless I can't. Then I don't.

That's an energetic way to start a day :)
Reading furnishes the mind only with materials of knowledge; it is thinking that makes what we read ours.

toothache
Adeptus Minor

Post#5 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:50 pm

I regularly perform rituals while lucid dreaming.

It usually starts like this...

*Flying around, jumping high, or doing some other weird dream stuff*
"Oh, I think I'm dreaming... let's start chanting some words of power and evoking"

Alot of times I won't be able to follow through and finish the ritual ... usually a bunch of things start showing up or the power radiated sweeps me away. It's always a fun exercise though, and gives you an interesting appreciation on the power of your mind & ritual.

Topic author
KnowledgeSeeker
Neophyte

Post#6 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:18 am

toothache wrote:I regularly perform rituals while lucid dreaming.

It usually starts like this...

*Flying around, jumping high, or doing some other weird dream stuff*
"Oh, I think I'm dreaming... let's start chanting some words of power and evoking"

Alot of times I won't be able to follow through and finish the ritual ... usually a bunch of things start showing up or the power radiated sweeps me away. It's always a fun exercise though, and gives you an interesting appreciation on the power of your mind & ritual.

Cool :goodpost

I think I'll try these rituals while APing