Questions for NAP Experts

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
Jess

Questions for NAP Experts

Post#1 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:08 am

Hi everyone,

In the book there are several references to the Central Pillar.

But what is it exactly ?.

Since the book speaks of the Ritual for Opening Gates, of The Power Circulation Ritual and of The Power Fontain Ritual, I am confused.

Is The Central Pillar a combination of the NAP ritual, described as point A + all of the above mentionned rituals or is it just Point A + one of them ???

Any idea ???

Also, is Medium Pillar, that we see on the Internet, the same as the Central Pillar ?

vovin
Adeptus Exemptus

Re: Questions for NAP Experts

Post#2 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:07 am

It is the same as the Golden Dawn's Middle Pillar Ritual. The only change is the word Da'ath to Da'as as far as I can tell. It would do you no harm in doing more research on the Middle Pillar as the NAP system is almost purely Qabbalistic in its nature.
Vovin
Remember 'For the Man of Religion, Believes in God, The Magician, Knows God.'
(Ars Solomonis)

Frater EOE
Practicus

Post#3 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:18 am

Hi Jess - welcome to the NAP club :D

I'm no expert but you would generally perform "The New Avatar Power Ritual" (P.42) followed by the "Central Pillar ritual" which does consist of all 3 of the steps you mentioned (Opening the power gates, Circulation Ritual and Fountain Ritual).

Below listed is my general NAP outline (this is personal to the way I work and has a few bits added that is different to the outline in the book - but hopefully it might give you a better understanding of the layout I use).

1. Qaballistic Cross + Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram + Uncrossing Ritual (p.79) [to consecrate the area]
2. The New Avatar Power Ritual (p.42) [to get into the appropriate magickal frame of mind]
3. Middle Pillar Exercise/Central Pillar Ritual (All three steps) [to open and build energy]
4. Invocation to Strengthen the Fountain/Bornless Ritual (p.142)
5. Chants/Incantations etc
6. Licence to Depart (My own transliteration from the Goetia)
7. Repeat step 1 to close.

I also work in the relevant planetary hour for the spirits being called (even though all the extra stuff isn't needed and the original layout is potent enough as it is) - I tend to do this more out of force of habit.
"Be on your guard against all who are subordinate to you ... Trust no brother, know no friend, make no intimates."

revrev
Neophyte

Post#4 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:53 pm

This looks like a beautiful sequence. Strongly recommended, indeed.
Thanks for sharing this.

wizardscauldron
Adeptus Minor

Post#5 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:57 pm

Hello Jess,

Ive just started using NAP and am getting great results from the magick mentor chapter and good old Carl Nagel introduced me to the central pillar or middle pillar as it is more popularly known years ago. Happy NAPping

Hello Frater EOE,

Thanks for that very kind PM you sent me ages ago, you're a great friend in my book even though we have never met. The outline you have given is just how I plan to practice NAP when I get more seriously stuck into it. It is just as Vovin posted as the best way to perform NAP.

EDIT: Ive just read your sig. Frater EOE, good advice, hope we can still be friends :lol: But it raises a serious point why that is good advice at times; Ive never harmed someone through occult means but there are some people who will take a bullet in the chest for you today and then stab you in the back tomorrow - I speak figuratively of course. I came across this yesterday in a book by O.P. Ghai - Abu Huraira reported God's messenger as saying: 'The strong man is not the good wrestler; the strong man is only he who controls himself when he is angry.'
Hands that help are holier than lips that pray - S.S.S.B.