Anyone have experience using a Magic Mentor?

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

summerland
Adeptus Exemptus

Re: Anyone have experience using a Magic Mentor?

Post#11 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:51 pm

MagiAwen wrote:
summerland wrote:I dont go around "empathing out" SO to say...... It is good you were aware of his condition.

Didn't mean to sound snotty with my reply....sometimes the sarcastic jokes in my head don't come out well.

What was going on in my head was that...I am emphathic as well, but I'm pretty bottled up. I don't allow myself to feel things from people usually. It's very purposeful when I do....so I'm really just not as tuned in to the people around me as you may be Summer. There's nothing wrong with that in general. I just choose to be closed off to people. Unless I purposefully open up to feel the empathic vibes, I wouldn't know anything unless observed or a spirit tells me.

I wish you could teach me how you do that. I have a problem tuning people out. This is what gets me in trouble sometimes.
"Ni neart go cur le cheile "

RoseRed
Adeptus Major

Post#12 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:17 am

Me seemingly making fun of things by saying "empathing out"...I wasn't making fun of it. It's what I personally call the practice of making it a practice daily with people....which I refuse to do. Because I'm actually not that nice and I'm very selfish with my energy.

You and me both.

Especially those of us that have health problems. We only have so much energy to go around.
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

MagiAwen
Adeptus Major

Post#13 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:46 pm

Last edited by MagiAwen on Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Live lightly.

RoseRed
Adeptus Major

Post#14 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:30 am

I've seen you around on another forum but we haven't really interacted much.

I have no idea about the 'you are volatile'.

Have you ever read the essay about 'chronic illness and spoons'? It's set in a diner and the woman describes her limited energy using spoons and how many she has for a day.
When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

MagiAwen
Adeptus Major

Post#15 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:32 am

Live lightly.