Making offerings to the N.A.P spirits.

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Topic author
SaharaDust
Neophyte

Making offerings to the N.A.P spirits.

Post#1 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:24 pm

Hi everyone i was wondering about making offerings the original book didn't mention anything like that but many people online say it's a must (In my opinion you don't need it because you have already honored the spirit when conjuring it by saying mightiest, titanic, ...etc and believing in it's ability) Thank you!

Ad Astra

Re: Making offerings to the N.A.P spirits.

Post#2 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:23 pm

I offer them a candle, incense and sometimes food. When the work is done I will make a special offering.

It goes with the "Treat the spirits with respect and grace" theory of spirit work.

In some south american indian traditions it is beleived that spirits eat the odor of incense and flowers. It's this food that brings them around and gives them energy to do the working.

phillip
Neophyte

Post#3 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:04 am

Geoff never mentioned the need to make offerings in the book. One theory is that the magician need not make offerings, as he is acting as an agent of the Divine, and thereby commands the spirit to do his bidding without needing anything more. I don't really like that approach, as it seems over-bearing and even a bit rude for my tastes, but to each his own. I do make offerings, much like Ad Astra above. However, I think it might be helpful to mention that the use of the Central Pillar Ritual serves to charge the aura of the Magician, obviously. Now, normally the Golden Dawn technique follows that after the circulation of light, the magician balances the light and 'seals' it within his aura by the performance of the Qabalistic Cross. Geoff's method does not include this technique as a conclusion to the Central Pillar Ritual. I reason that this is to keep the flow of energy open for the spirit to utilize, so as to have the energy to obtain the desires of the magician (and maybe a little left over). The same kind of structure is given in the Magic of New Ishtar Power, by Al G. Manning (albeit a different technique), where the chakras are empowered, and their energy is raised and blended as an offering to the 8 Avatars of the Ishtar Star - thus, similar to Vodoun, the very life experience of the magician eventually serves as a mighty offering to the Spirits.

toothache
Adeptus Minor

Post#4 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:35 pm

I personally will thank them, a quick prayer to bless them, or maybe read certain psalms.

Indeed youll find different opinions on this.

Luqman Bashiru
Zelator

Post#5 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:45 pm

I personally offer incense. I mention the offering before issue the task

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

MagiAwen
Adeptus Major

Post#6 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:49 pm

Last edited by MagiAwen on Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Live lightly.

Topic author
SaharaDust
Neophyte

Post#7 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:24 pm

hahaha i can see different opinions indeed i offered them candles and insence and then warmness surrounded me i felt very peaceful and calm from my experience the N.A.P spirits are very kind they perform the tasks within a day or two.

healthadvocate
Zelator

Post#8 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:45 pm

if you already enjoy burning candles and incense then no harm done in using a corresponding colour or scent for the spirit/s involved IMO

healthadvocate
Zelator

Post#9 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:57 pm

Ad Astra wrote:I offer them a candle, incense and sometimes food. When the work is done I will make a special offering.

It goes with the "Treat the spirits with respect and grace" theory of spirit work.

In some south american indian traditions it is beleived that spirits eat the odor of incense and flowers. It's this food that brings them around and gives them energy to do the working.

might be a noob question... but how do you offer food to spirits?