NAP thang don't work for me...

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

upbydawn
Zelator

Re: NAP thang don't work for me...

Post#31 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:06 am

This book is so interesting, I feel a bit weird about it because the text itself is very, very basic.

Yesterday I decided to step it up a little and performed:
Relaxation ritual
Opening of the gates
Circulation ritual
Bornless One invocation
followed by the planetary magic ritual

...it all completely knocked me out. I had to go straight to bed and sleep for 3 hours.
I'm still feeling a bit dizzy and not sure if I should do the entire regimen again, or leave some of it out until next week or so.

Upbydawn
When you dance with the devil, the devil doesn't change, the devil changes you.

Grab
Adeptus Minor

Post#32 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:11 am

:mrgreen: Take a little break and practice a bit later, no need to overdo it.
".. nothing but infinite chaos, stochastically dragged into existence by each and every observer according to their predispositions, and by manipulating these .."
(quoted from http://www.spiralnature.com/magick/chaosvseclectic/).

Martialis

Post#33 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:40 am

Sounds like it drained you. Practices like the Qabalistic Cross and the Middle Pillar (which are usually done as part of a daily regiment) shouldn't be tiring if properly performed. Do you have a good breathing technique down pat? It's very important to have a good supply of oxygen at all times.

upbydawn
Zelator

Post#34 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:52 am

I did the ritual again just about an hour ago, and am feeling absolutely fine. Decided that consistency is the key - at least in my case.

Martialis, I practice pranayama (breathing exercises) almost daily and have done so for many years. My breath is therefore very deep and relaxed, pretty much 24/7.

Upbydawn
When you dance with the devil, the devil doesn't change, the devil changes you.

Brother Suroh

Post#35 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:44 am

Omnis Validus wrote:
Grab wrote:personally, I never had any, nor do I think I ever will get any, good results from this book, due to how it is written. I find it hard to take serious.

Hey Grab, I know you've talked before about not really getting results from this book, even after putting in some work. I too find it somewhat difficult to follow & take seriously(mostly because of the testimonials). While I have gotten results from the book & its spirits, I've really considered rewriting it myself.. keeping the same methods for the most part, spirits, words ,& names... and forming it in tune with myself a bit more, (& stripping the testimonials as I don't need them to reassure me).

Maybe you could try rewriting it somewhere else, so you don't constantly have to look at all the "fluff" while searching for the spell/procedure you want to perform.

Just my two cents as the spirits really are good at what they do ;)

Peace,
X

Brotber Suroh to the rescue Omnis Validus, I have been working on doing that very thing for the last month or two. I am mostly complete I am just trying to decide on how to summarize the last few chapters after the magick mentor. if you would like a copy of it I will gladly send it to you.

Grab
Adeptus Minor

Post#36 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:28 pm

Yes, I did that from the start, wrote the spell wordings etc on those little cards with kind of heavy paper with lines... works well.

I played with NAP some month ago again, very sloppy work, no huge rituals or visualizations or fancy stuff, and I had a bad cold and could not focus well.. But results.
".. nothing but infinite chaos, stochastically dragged into existence by each and every observer according to their predispositions, and by manipulating these .."
(quoted from http://www.spiralnature.com/magick/chaosvseclectic/).

Omnis Validus
Praeceptor
Praeceptor

Post#37 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:24 am

I just use the text straight from the book for the most part. But I did copy the incantations and some of the methods into a grimoire for easier access and to cut out the fluff. But I've realized if you can read the text with a very relaxed and open state of mind, some of the success story adverts can be a bit inspiring.

X
Ex Mea Sententia.

Earthoscope

Post#38 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:30 pm

My copy of the book is heavily bookmarked with sticky notes marking all of the rituals. If I want to use one of the chants I will write it out on a large index card to use in the working. I've read through the book cover to cover a few times and, even though they are rather hokey, I don't find the case histories to unnecessary filler and I don't skip over them when reading the book. Even though they are hokey and read like an advertisement, I still feel more optimistic after reading them.

GarageMage
Practicus

Post#39 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:04 am

I get these weird situations when I start the methods in this book. That first week of attuning yourself to the system my luck tends to go up, not to a "miraculous" scale, but it does go up. After that period, when your able to add in incantations, thats when my luck goes back to normal. Infact I think my mind plays tricks upon that point as I was given a set of instructions, not 100% clear but I followed them and well, it didn't quite work out(even avoided "the hour of the moon" as it was so put ontop of having odd dreams of success<this hasn't been the first time this occured while using this book.>). Maybe I need to add LBRP to the regiment? I've been considering just going forward and testing out the other stuff before just putting it back on the bookshelf.
LULZ IS THE LAWL; LULZ UNDER WILL

IronOrchid
Adeptus Major

Post#40 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:34 pm

Martialis wrote:At the end of the day magick is, more or less, empirical in its results which is one of the reasons I disagree with all of this moodiness and other stuff like that whole belief = all equation (sponsored by Chaotes the most along with psychologists and "skeptics"). Fire will burn your ass no matter what mood your in...

Intention might come into it as well: if someone's got a not-so-subconscious need in there somewhere to "prove" that a ritual is "hokey" and ineffective because they're personally put out by the wording, or the author, etc, then they're probably carrying a strong need to be proven right, and that intent might be powerful enough to undermine the actual validity of the working?

Whereas, if the person is doubting, but their intention is to honestly try the spell/incantation etc and HOPE that it works despite their doubt, then they are at least headed in the right direction.

None of that's meant judgementally, but intention is a MAJOR part of the equation in the practices I've used thus far in life, I doubt it's any different with NAP?
"...there's no such thing as the unknown. Only things temporarily hidden, temporarily not understood."
Captain James T Kirk