How bad does NAP get in justified baneful purposes?

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

Slater
Adeptus Exemptus

Re: How bad does NAP get in justified baneful purposes?

Post#11 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:21 am

summerland wrote:The spirits in the back of the book "Black NAP" Do work. That being said....Know when to fold them, dont get caught up on revenge. It will eventually turn against you. Just do it then let them do the work. Dont dwell on making your target suffer any more than needs to be. And dont forget to cancel the curse after you have results.

Summerland makes some great points here and i'd like to add some hopefully helpful advice:

1. Don't become obsessed or consumed by the situation, the working or the ferocity of the results. It's not fair to yourself to let them fuck with you, rent free in your head. It's like ruminating x 100.

2. Curses that interfere with the fate of another, in the sense that you alter a fate-line (for want of a better word) have an energetic toll on the magician working the curse. All magic is about flow of energy in a fundamental sense and not only does the curse require the magician's energy, but so does the sustaining of the altered fate. Make the blow specific and over with quickly.

3. Do not engage in the same long drawn out "I can change them forever"bullshit. (Long term love spells/curses are a great example of this) The cost to you of maintaining that breakaway fate line will swallow you eventually. It sounds trite but the old saying; " you can only change yourself, not others" is really great advice here. Even though magicians of skill can manipulate the fatelines of others the energy to do that long term is ridiculous and pointless.

No magician's true will and purpose is served by coming up with new and costly ways for them to be able to endure assholes in their lives; to manipulate who they are in order to accept the unacceptable.

summerland wrote:And dont forget to cancel the curse after you have results.

Totally agree...not for any moral reasons but simply the practicalities of the cost to you. When it's done, you're done and you rest and get on with life.

A sustained attack not only effects you in the ways I mentioned above, but after a while there are emotional, mental and magical circumstances under which you become, in a way, linked or bound to your target and in that situation you not only carry the cost of the actual working, plus sustaining the altered state of the other person (if the working is designed that way) but also become your own collateral damage

Hey jerrythemouse, how did you go?

toothache
Adeptus Minor

Post#12 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:06 pm

Slater wrote:
summerland wrote:The spirits in the back of the book "Black NAP" Do work. That being said....Know when to fold them, dont get caught up on revenge. It will eventually turn against you. Just do it then let them do the work. Dont dwell on making your target suffer any more than needs to be. And dont forget to cancel the curse after you have results.

Summerland makes some great points here and i'd like to add some hopefully helpful advice:

1. Don't become obsessed or consumed by the situation, the working or the ferocity of the results. It's not fair to yourself to let them fuck with you, rent free in your head. It's like ruminating x 100.

2. Curses that interfere with the fate of another, in the sense that you alter a fate-line (for want of a better word) have an energetic toll on the magician working the curse. All magic is about flow of energy in a fundamental sense and not only does the curse require the magician's energy, but so does the sustaining of the altered fate. Make the blow specific and over with quickly.

3. Do not engage in the same long drawn out "I can change them forever"bullshit. (Long term love spells/curses are a great example of this) The cost to you of maintaining that breakaway fate line will swallow you eventually. It sounds trite but the old saying; " you can only change yourself, not others" is really great advice here. Even though magicians of skill can manipulate the fatelines of others the energy to do that long term is ridiculous and pointless.

No magician's true will and purpose is served by coming up with new and costly ways for them to be able to endure assholes in their lives; to manipulate who they are in order to accept the unacceptable.

summerland wrote:And dont forget to cancel the curse after you have results.

Totally agree...not for any moral reasons but simply the practicalities of the cost to you. When it's done, you're done and you rest and get on with life.

A sustained attack not only effects you in the ways I mentioned above, but after a while there are emotional, mental and magical circumstances under which you become, in a way, linked or bound to your target and in that situation you not only carry the cost of the actual working, plus sustaining the altered state of the other person (if the working is designed that way) but also become your own collateral damage

Hey jerrythemouse, how did you go?

Agreed with all above. Sometimes I feel one ritual is enough for any purpose. I usually feel drained for a day after if done right, and by that second day I'm usually satisfied my call has been heard.

I don't use much of the Black NAP, I tend to take life's bad things in stride. But it's useful if it's there.

HermeticOdin
Practicus

Post#13 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:45 pm

I can testify to what Summerland and Slater are describing. If you want your wrongdoers to suffer for a longer period of time than the spirits deem fit for a just "punishment", they will not obey or worse turn on you. I have even been warned by some spirits during the evocation that they will only do so much as they feel is punishment enough for the other party.

Wanderer
Praeceptor
Praeceptor

Post#14 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:25 pm

Great posts, Slater. Very true and to the point.

Messing around with other folks from the defensive standpoint is one thing. Obsessing about what happens to them is another. I've found that simply letting the work run it's course is best, as you not caring about what happens to that is part of what makes it successful. The angels conjured will do what they need to do, so when the work is done, leave well enough alone and move on with your life.

If you don't, not only will the person ruin your life through the mindhacking that goes on, but your obsession will run you into the ground and the angels conjured will probably screw with you as well.

Sent from my mobile via Tapatalk

YogaApprentice
Neophyte

Post#15 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:14 am

In my experience I found it reactive, the more you attack me, the more it slaps you back a bit harder (maybe doubling effects)
Bom Bom Shiva Bom Shankara. Bom Bom Shiva Bom Rudra. Bom Bom Shiva Vama Chara. Kala Tattwa

Sundrops
Practicus

Post#16 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:34 pm

Started using NAP and trying the psychic missile but haven't really seen any results yet. I have a question about it though. If you are using it against someone and they have a protective talisman, will it still be able to work or is it a waste of energy? My target has a protective talisman she wears (she's Wiccan but not too sure how long she's been practicing) so I am wondering if that is interfering with it working properly. I can see it offering some form of resistance but I'd assume the missile would go through. Is there maybe something else I am missing in the book on how to get the job done? As it stands, I do NAP ritual, MP, fountain, Bornless, PM, and end with Dee Hay Thooth. Any help in this would be great.

Provenant
Dominus
Dominus

Post#17 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:42 pm

Sundrops wrote: I can see it offering some form of resistance but I'd assume the missile would go through. Is there maybe something else I am missing in the book on how to get the job done?.

Why would you assume that? Protection isn't much good if it can't protect from somebody reading a few rituals out loud from a book. Defense is always easier than offense. Especially against another practitioner. Compared to the focus and effort that goes into mounting an attack, defending is a piece of cake.
Cheers,

Prov

=============
Ars non Fortuna

Sundrops
Practicus

Post#18 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:19 pm

True point. So I guess the answer would be it's a waste of time. Makes sense. I guess a clever way to go around it would be to give something contrary. Like use NAP to get her a job somewhere else that she couldn't really refuse.

Provenant
Dominus
Dominus

Post#19 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:30 pm

Sundrops wrote:True point. So I guess the answer would be it's a waste of time. Makes sense. I guess a clever way to go around it would be to give something contrary. Like use NAP to get her a job somewhere else that she couldn't really refuse.

Now you're thinking strategically. Just like in large corporations, where instead of firing someone, they just promote them out of the way.

As far as a waste of time, I'm not judging. But, if you're going up against another practitioner instead of someone who doesn't have a clue, often a direct attack can wind up taking more out of the attacker than the target. Just like in the old medieval sieges ... it would take tens of thousands of troops to take a town that might only be defended by a few hundred. Defense is just easier.

But, if the goal is banishing someone from your life, your idea of getting them to go willingly seems like a much easier route, if you can conjure the right bait. Good luck.
Cheers,

Prov

=============
Ars non Fortuna

Sundrops
Practicus

Post#20 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:27 pm

provenant wrote:Now you're thinking strategically. Just like in large corporations, where instead of firing someone, they just promote them out of the way.

As far as a waste of time, I'm not judging. But, if you're going up against another practitioner instead of someone who doesn't have a clue, often a direct attack can wind up taking more out of the attacker than the target. Just like in the old medieval sieges ... it would take tens of thousands of troops to take a town that might only be defended by a few hundred. Defense is just easier.

I feel like you just hit me in the head ala one of those V8 commercials. I should've figured this out but I guess I was so intent on the outcome I failed to factor in all the variables. To draw on the metaphor above, I've basically sent out some scouts (quite more than I should've) and found the enemy was fortified. Now I need to do a sneak attack from opposite angles while distracting them from my true purpose. Just all around need to get more tactical. Thanks for this great advice. :Thank You