Success with NAP - Career boost!

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

mrblack
Adeptus Minor

Re: Success with NAP - Career boost!

Post#11 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:58 pm

i've pretty much stripped down my usage of NAP, tinkered and applied it in many ways
not described in the book.

my main method of working at it now is;
- create TAZ
- modified (short) Arzel prayer
- selected rite
- meditate on request
- license to depart

Topic author
Frater Synadelfos
Practicus

Post#12 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:18 am

This is a good approach :goodpost .

toothache
Adeptus Minor

Post#13 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:07 pm

Frater Synadelfos wrote:4. Intoning of the word at the end of the spell for a good five minutes or more. Sink into the flame and let the feelings of the desire fill the body and mind with out editing or any mental concern - so see and feel the outcome whilst mainataining a non-anxious or attached desire.

This is interesting. I never put too much stock in the "words of power", I'd focus more on the feeling of the desire, and speaking the chant with authority. I'll have to try repeating them.

MagiAwen
Adeptus Major

Post#14 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:35 pm

Last edited by MagiAwen on Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Live lightly.

toothache
Adeptus Minor

Post#15 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:57 pm

MagiAwen wrote:
Frater Synadelfos wrote:Hi all,

I have been working with the New Avatar Power book for around two years now (I have been practicing magic for around 20 years so far), and I have stripped down the approach with this work to just include an intoning of the name (found in the opening meditation) and Arzel’s name, middle pillar, reading out the spell and then a further intoning of the name associated with the spell for around five minutes over a lit candle which had items associated with the goal around the base.
Has anyone else tinkered with this grimiore and got results?

Kind regards,

D.

Nice to be back for a while and read you again, Frater. :) Like others, I have stripped working NAP's Elubatel as well but I did it from the outset and similar to you, a couple of years ago would have started my experience with NAP although I have to say once I worked with Elubatel I stuck there, meaning, I had no use for others outlined in the book because he is suited to do what I need on any level.

I actually think some of my work is posted here somewhere but either way, I've always gotten exceptional results with Elubatel but I do have to say that the first time I performed a ritual I gave "him" free reign. This is not something I would recommend as the switches and opportunities come so fast they are extremely hard to recognize and the ...for lack of better words...current is very strong and chaotic...but only because, I believe, it had no real direction. Since the first few rituals that I performed this way, I actually added forms to better control and direct it all so somewhere in the middle of completely stripped and full blown ritual seems to be the way to go...as others have already basically indicated here too.

Elubatel was actually the driving force I "unleashed" before I made a MAJOR life move as I wanted it to happen quickly and it did...I went from looking at 6 months of stressful work to get to where I wanted it to 6 weeks. It was a wild ride, emotionally, financially and everything. I don't really recommend it. I'd recommend something more "safe and sane" as you and a couple of others have related here.

Interesting. I've mentioned on here before, I too have had an interesting time with Elubatel. The one time I *sincerely" invoked him, I did go to bed that night with a "go-get um" attitude towards work. The next day, I got laid off. It turned out to be a positive thing, as I stagnated at my old job and surely needed a change. But I must mention, I gave him free reign as well. I didn't intone the chant as directed, merely summoned him and expressed my thoughts and emotions, and asked for help.

I am very careful with Elubatel. I think you really need a positive attitude to begin with, working with him. I personally wouldn't call on him on a matter I'm divided on.

MagiAwen
Adeptus Major

Post#16 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:49 pm

Live lightly.