Ankar= ?

The methods and techniques outlined in The Miracle of New Avatar Power by Geof Gray-Cobb

raum215
Magister Templi

Re: Ankar= ?

Post#31 » Wed May 23, 2012 6:59 am

It is late to this game for em to add this, but NKR in Hebrew is "Naw-kar" and it does not mean "hail." Naw-kar means to not see as strange, to be aquainted with. Spelled the same way "neh-ker" means "Strange."

This word predates the creation of the Phoenecian alphabet, and is found in Arzawa (semitic cuneiform).

Hillel means "praise, hail, etc."

Hallelujah for example means "Praise unto Yah!"

So Hallelu-Yahuwah" would be "Praise unto YHVH" in biblical hebrew.
This would typically be shortened to Hallelu-YHV, or Hallelu-IAH, hence "Hallelujah."
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I YHVH do all these things.

tai
Adeptus Minor

Post#32 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:48 pm

Bardon speaks of “ankhur/ankur” by which serving spirits are empowered by their principal to serve the magician.

More here:

http://www.abardoncompanion.com/BardonP ... 03763.html

Frater Chika Chika
Zelator

Post#33 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:42 am

Just found something interesting in the book "The Occult Secret of Jacob's Ladder" by Carl Nagel.

If you go on the amazon page here http://www.amazon.com/The-Occult-Secret-Jacobs-Ladder-ebook/dp/B00JVS8SRE.
Then click on the cover to look inside, and it is possible to see the first page of the book where a familiar incantation appears...

I call on Thee, O angels who stand atop Jacob's ladder, to assist me.
I state my purpose thus : ANKAR YOD HAY VAW HAY

:whistle

Provenant
Dominus
Dominus

Post#34 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:47 am

Nice find. May have to get the kindle to see what else might be in there.
Cheers,

Prov

=============
Ars non Fortuna

Master of Corvids
Zelator

Post#35 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:01 am

I personally quite like Carl Nagel's stuf,f but I have noticed quite a few similarities to Cobb's work in some of his books. I think he did try and build on the Geoff's work, since I do seem to recall him saying that Cobb was one of his favourite occult authors.

hieronymus
Neophyte

Post#36 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:45 pm

just stumbled upon this - the Ek Onkar reference : (Sikhism) there is a body of spiritual teachings that was the work of Paul Twitchell, Eckankar group, and : (quote)"The word Eckankar is a transliteration of the phrase Ik Onkar, which is used in Sikhism.[9] According to the Eckankar glossary, the term Eckankar means Co-Worker with God.[10] ECK is another word for the Holy Spirit, also known as the Audible Life Current, Life Force, or Light and Sound of God.[11]:55"
“To paraphrase Oedipus, Hamlet, Lear, and all those guys, "I wish I had known this some time ago.”
― Roger Zelazny, Sign of the Unicorn

adonisdna
Neophyte

Post#37 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:43 am

the vibration of this word sets up a Vortex point in space for the invoked energys to circulate ...a sort of Anchor so the vibrations of the words remain compressed as they reverberate back into the magician as the avater power..

Ankar in Jewish Gematria equals: 132: a1n40k10a1r80 = 1+3+2 =6
ankar in English Gematria equals: 270 : a6n84k66a6r108 =2+7+0 =9
ankar in Simple Gematria equals: 45: a1n14k11a1r18 = 4+5+0 = 9

6+9+9 = 2+4 = 6

by my theory this gematria shows the fractal power of this word as a anchor threw the planes
powerful stuff...

Provenant
Dominus
Dominus

Post#38 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:44 am

Everything + 9= whatever you had previously.

Not sure what this gematria shows.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk
Cheers,

Prov

=============
Ars non Fortuna

Brother_Moloch_969
Adeptus Minor

Post#39 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:56 pm

I omitted this word entirely from my workings with NAP primarily because I could not find any reason to use it. I looked through the late Ron Parshley's immense 10K volume library and found zip on it so I omitted it thinking this was yet another British affectation as can be found for example where Gray-Cobb uses British affectations for spellings like "AR" when pronouncing the consonant "A" which I have heard some British newscasters say things like "Canadar" when the country has no R on the end but figured it was just their affectation much like Cockney is to them as southern-Redneck and "Y'all" is said in the southern US. *shrugs*

I've noticed Gray-Cobb has a few affectations like this and "Ankhar" was one of those terms I figured was just an "Ankh" or the symbol of the egg on top of the flattened cross and he like many Brits just pronounced it differently in his own personal way. This way it made far more sense to me and even Ron thought as well because Ankhar does not make any sense but if you think about Gray-Cobb's affectation with "-ar" and remove it, then you get Ankh which is the holy symbol of the Egyptian Ankh.
The Original Sorcerer
Stop by my website: http://www.molochsorcery.com
You cannot let things happen on their own if you desire changes to occur in ways which satisfy you.

Omnis Validus
Praeceptor
Praeceptor

Post#40 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:59 pm

I also initially thought it had some relation to the Egyptian ankh, but personally I feel satisfied with the conclusion of an Indian root that we came to here on the forum. In any case, I don't feel like omitting it matters too much.. it's all about working coherently and understanding what you're doing, and success will show you're doing it right. Your successes show you do it right without using it, mine show me I'm doing right by using it 8-)

Thanks for the thread-necromancy, the good 'ol days here lol. I'll hyperlink a related thread from back in the day here for those who find it. viewtopic.php?f=28&t=5968&hilit=Ankar

X
Ex Mea Sententia.