Maze-Spell

Cursing, Hexing, Self Defense, the Qlippoth, Typhonion Magic, and other dark currents.
Forum rules
This forum is for the discussion of techniques, procedures, resources and results specific to Black Magic.
Any discussion relating to the morality of conducting Black Magic is explicitly forbidden.
What people do and how they do it is up to them. If it offends you, please keep it to yourself or take the discussion to PM.

Topic author
Feywer96
Adeptus Major

Maze-Spell

Post#1 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:11 pm

This spell is in the designing-stages, so I'd appreciate some help on how implementing it could be done. Below is what I have come up with so far.

So, I am a fan of the myth of the Labyrinth and the Minotaur; and I’m a fan of the Baldur’s Gate series of video games. In the BG2 game, there is a spell by the name of simply, ‘Maze.’ It got me thinking about designing an actual spell that combines the two somehow into a functional tool

It works by temporarily 'teleporting' the victim away into a maze, until the victim can make his escape, and is brought back timelessly, as if nothing had ever happened.

The effect of the Maze does not last ‘forever’ – when one is cast into the labyrinth, it’s duration is only as long as the person remains within it. Once the exit is discovered, he is again free, so it is only a temporary containment.

The Bull of Minos (hence ‘mino-taur’) may have belonged to the mythological labyrinth of Knossos at Crete, however, perhaps I could also employ my own ‘creature’ to inhabit the maze for the spell-to-be.

I thought of using a thought-form that I had already created, but it already had a definite purpose, so I thought that now would be the perfect chance for ORSPHRAEL to have function.

So within the central chamber, when one is sent to the Maze, he will see ORSPHRAEL contained by chains. He must start running, because after 10 seconds, ORSPHRAEL will start to pursue the individual.

If the person if caught, he is not harmed, but ORSPHRAEL will hold him, and they both teleport back to the central chamber, and it starts all over again, ORSPHRAEL again chained for 10 seconds, etc. and etc.

If the individual fails to make his escape, he will continuously be sent back to the central chamber, and he will never make his escape. If he manages to reach the exit, the spell is shattered, broken, and he is again free.

The labyrinth exists as a dream to the individual. When he is cast into the Maze-spell, his daily life will become repetitious, monotone, simply ‘boring’ – and render the victim useless, having become sick of the repetition. During the night, he will dream of the labyrinth, and have his hand at attempting his escape.

It sounds sinister or malevolent – not physically harmfully, but just causes a ‘rut’ of repetition, with a chance of escape. It is useful to stall individuals if one must flee their wrought-iron grip. It makes the afflicted person unable to attend to most of his usual daily life, so it will allow time to pass during the days that he is under the spells’ influence for escape.
Know Thyself - Reductio Ad Infinitum / Return to the Infinite
Mercury's Butterfly - main site

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login