"Dark Side of the Moon" by Basil Crouch

Witchcraft, Wicca, Paganism, Folkways, Elemental Magic and Dark Paganism.

Topic author
Darbla
Adeptus Minor

"Dark Side of the Moon" by Basil Crouch

Post#1 » Mon May 04, 2009 8:24 am

My electricity was off all day yesterday so I got a lot read in this book. A few interesting points from it:

(1) He recommends those of us in the West countries work with the Roman/Greek pantheons rather than the Egyptian, because the Roman gods are much closer to us. Chapter 2.

(2) Of the Cabala, the Sacred Magic of Abra Melin, The Key of Solomon, The Lemegeton, the Grimoire of Honorius the Great, The Liber Spirituum, and other "Solomonic" based magics, he says: "I find this type of magic of little use and am still trying to find some real results from it. I do not say that Solomonic magic is useless; rather that, after nearly 70 years of trying I have still not found any results from this form." Chapter 6.

(3) He describes a very easy ritual of thanks only that he claims kept a guy carefree and with all the money he wanted. Chapter 7.

(4) He has a poor opinion of sex magic. He says there is magic much more powerful than that, and he only briefly outlines because he's trying to give the reader a complete book on magic. He says "I hope that you will read this and then FORGET IT." He has a few more sentences about it, then emphasizes again "NOW FORGET IT." Capital letters are his. Chapter 8.

(5) Necromancy is liable to produce not the person you are trying to call up but a demon who knows all about that person and appears in the person's stead. And creates havoc. And he says when the spirit/demon comes, "Be warned: Never demand anything from a spirit entity. They are far more powerful than you and are likely to destroy anyone that tries to demand anything from them." Chapter 8.

(6) Describes how to make an Indian (American) medicine bag for good luck and describes it as the "most powerfule man-made charm in the world." It's simple, and seems to be like a hoodoo gris-gris bag.

(7) The stuff about eyes and eyesight in chapter 10 seems questionable.

(8) An easy money making ritual is in chapter 12. In the same chapter also a simple method of sigilization and a ritual used to get rid of an evil person.

There are quite a few rituals, charms, and talismans for love scattered throughout, including a very easy talisman (chapter 9) to make to attract it (can also modify that to attract wealth). One I found particular humorous was "As for an aphrodisiac, I have always found that all that is really necessary, to attract the opposite sex, is to rub the body with verbena." Don't let that get out or the Axe body spray company will be out of business.

I'm in chapter 12 now and there's a few more chapters after that. I'll post more tidbits as I get to them.
As a witch, she naturally didn't believe in any occult nonsense of any sort.

This topic has 13 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login