Thoth Tarot

Witchcraft, Wicca, Paganism, Folkways, Elemental Magic and Dark Paganism.

Topic author
kalinda
Zelator

Thoth Tarot

Post#1 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:26 am

Hey all, I'm really determined to learn the Thoth tarot and to read successfully with them. Does anyone have tips on reading for yourself and others? I have the book Understanding Thoth Tart by Lon Milo DuQuette. It's really useful with in depth and illustrious information. But it is still a bit complex for me to wrap my head around, and it doesn't offer much in the way of spreads other than the basic outline to the Key spread I believe. I think I understand the Key spread, but I'm still working on it. You basically pick a significator that represents the person. Shuffle the cards, cut them in half to the left. Then take each half and cut them to the left again. Turn over each top card. Then you choose a deck and count the cards. One is for Materials, Love, Woes, and Work. That's all I know about the Key so far. Reading the cards themselves is also fairly tricky. I have more trouble analayzing their meanings than the Rider Waite for some reason.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Kalinda

This topic has 23 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login