Working with Plant Spirits

Witchcraft, Wicca, Paganism, Folkways, Elemental Magic and Dark Paganism.

Topic author
sylvanus
Adeptus Minor

Working with Plant Spirits

Post#1 » Sun May 22, 2011 4:51 pm

Share your methods for working with plant spirits here.

I always try to have a tree near me which I can give special attention and upon whose roots and among whose brambles I dispose of offerings after they've sat out the prescribed time on my altar. This house I am using a magnificent old rosemary bush, and have been cultivating a relationship with the noble and generous spirit of that plant. I use sprigs dripped in water as a way to purify ritual space, and been tossing the flowers on sigils and so forth while they're working. Hope to make rosemary water next year, and may start a thread in ATR regarding its use in that tradition.

The house also came with a huge rhubarb in the back, one of which I allowed to flower for a while this year so I could observe its glorious ridiculousness. Rhubarb flowers really do look like the spiritual energy of an unfolding male orgasm trapped in slow motion. Also been contacting this old plant to see what it can do.. its definitely old enough to harvest for its roots, which are a powerful medicine, and would maybe like to bud it off or let it seed before I do this so I can have the honor of raising its children.

This is also an ATR/Latin American thing but I really love this candle called "Ajo Macho". "Marvelous Male Garlic" "Miraculous Garlic that was planted on Mount Calvary, where Jesus died to give eternal life and protect us from from evil, protect me from demons, enemies, and those who would intend to harm or hurt me". Which I guess you are supposed to use with seed garlic but I just bought the candle because I love the image.

So how do you work with plant spirits?

This topic has 24 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login