Dreamcatchers

Witchcraft, Wicca, Paganism, Folkways, Elemental Magic and Dark Paganism.

Topic author
cully
Practicus

Dreamcatchers

Post#1 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:41 pm

I was having a streak of bad dreams that weren't really terrifying, but they left me feeling nasty when I woke up. My girlfriend was also having bad dreams, so she decided to build a dream catcher.

She made it from some kind of natural fiber, a thin wooden wreath sort of thing (looks like a bird's nest but without a center, like a doughnut) and it has long bird feathers sticking out from the bottom. It looks pretty cool, like an old witch who lives in the forest made it.

Anyway, it's been about three days and the dreams have been okay. Not great dreams, but they haven't left me feeling gross. It seems like the dreams are more intent on delivering some kind of message to me, rather than being fixated on scary things. I'm wondering if the effect has to do with the power of her act of creating this object with the intent to remove bad dreams. And I feel pretty secure about this wicked looking thing hanging over the bed. I feel like it's going to scare away my bad dreams, so that's cool. To me it feels like a ward. Oh, she also hung a bag on it and put some handmade rune stones into the bag.

dreamcatcher.jpeg

Anyone here ever use these things?

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login