A small offering to the spirit of place

Witchcraft, Wicca, Paganism, Folkways, Elemental Magic and Dark Paganism.

Topic author
Leonardo_Drakon
Practicus

A small offering to the spirit of place

Post#1 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:01 pm

Today I had to take care of some business in a town that is about 45 minutes from where I live. On my way, I decided to take a detour to a hiking trail I’ve visited in the past to make a small offering to the spirits that inhabit nearby mountains. For some reason I felt inclined to take pictures, something I rarely do.

I was drawn to this spot, made my usual cornmeal offering while honoring the seven directions and the spirt of place. Immediately, there was a change in the atmosphere (wind picked up, the cawing of ravens, bustling bushes, etc.). I felt an immense sadness almost as if nobody had given the spirits of this area any attention for a long long time. In particular, I sensed that a small entity was moving in and out the tree above the central nook.

Later, as I was driving home I remembered an article I had read a while back about a photographer user a mirror to create these amazing reflected images of nature. Upon getting home, I gave it a shot using photoshop to flip half the photo onto itself. The result definitely made me smile :)

----------γνῶθι σεαυτόν----------

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login