Candle and Needle Spell

Witchcraft, Wicca, Paganism, Folkways, Elemental Magic and Dark Paganism.

Topic author
Feywer96
Adeptus Major

Candle and Needle Spell

Post#1 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:35 pm

I am not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I'm going to put it here~

This time honoured spell is mentioned in a variety of books, and is one of the most simplest and classic of the Witches' spells..
To perform this spell, one requires a candle and a needle. A small taper or votive will do - and colour should be significant to the work at hand. White, if all else fails. Also, a sewing needle, stuck through the candle (not the direct middle, but off to the side a bit, as to avoid piercing the wick) at a suitable level.

I hold both of my hands around the candle and close my eyes, and the bright image of the candle still burning in my eyes, I concentrate on that image - that point of light in my consciousness, and speak my intent or goal. In the case of the working that I'm writing the post for, I am casting a protection spell, as so when the candle flame reaches the needle, the protection of our household and members will be 'complete' - and last for seven days.

What matters here is intent. Simply speaking the words will do nothing unless you have the willpower to direct your energy towards the goal, or purpose of the operation. You have to believe what you want to get without a doubt, holding firmly in your mind the intention without faulter.

I like to visualize electric-violet/blue energy coming from my spinal-and-brain regions of my body and traveling down my arms, and own the fingertips and palms of my hands, and to the candle flame - where I know that 'as the candle burns, so will the protection grow and strengthen'.

The spell can be directed towards any goal, but it is suited towards simple, direct methods of working such as healing spells. The Spell has many variations but this one is the simplest, and from what I know, the 'oldest'.. (I doubt that even - probably the oldest candle spell simply involved lighting a candle and 'wishing' - without the needle).

The candle I had was a pale blueish-white colour, and the candle is probably made from Paraffin - but I don't care about the type personally.. Why pale blue? Well I just happened to have that candle that was that colour - kinda a bad example for the entry about the candle and needle spell, but it's all I had. Generally, white for protection.
Know Thyself - Reductio Ad Infinitum / Return to the Infinite
Mercury's Butterfly - main site

This topic has 18 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login