The Mystic Over The Magician? The Two Types of Ceremonies?

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
Isaac

The Mystic Over The Magician? The Two Types of Ceremonies?

Post#1 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:40 pm

I was looking over a few threads, one especially where the path of the mystic was mentioned and its relation to Ceremonial Magic.

So it got me curious about things.

What exactly is the Mystical Path? (at least in comparison to the modern Ceremonial Path). Is it prayer? a begging or request to be initiated? and then why would the spirits which to initiate you in the first place? Has anyone ever practied any of the Grimoires such as the Lemegeton or Abramelin to the word before starting any proper magic practice?

I do have an inkling on maybe treading on this path once my studies/practices get farther and more serious but I would like to be well informed on such subjects before I jump into them head first.

So to condense my questions:

What are the Pro/Cons of the Mystic Path
What are the Pro/Cons of the Ceremonial Path (as opposed to the Mystic)

What tomes would be best to work with or which ones have worked well for you?

Has anyone here started and followed the Mystic Path as a whole from their start of career in magick and do you believe such a lifestyle worked well for you?

(The last one is general curiosty as I have already started on some of the basics along with Qabalah study)

As I said, I have an inkling of possibly wanting to work with the Path of the Mystic but as of yet not sure, So I would like, even love, to hear your views on the Mystic Path.

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login