Fictional chaos magick analysis

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
Gordon Finn
Adeptus Minor

Fictional chaos magick analysis

Post#1 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:02 am

For those that have done chaos before that have used fictional paradigms (cartoons, novels, etc.), do you find that they work, as the real life version of those paradigms or actually as those paradigms?

I'm wondering because when I've done it before, it's typically manifested as the real life version, but I'm wondering if it can operate differently. As much as one's belief can power anything, should 'mystical energy' of one reality alway be subservient to the laws of this one, so it can manifest here? Or is the plasticity of how our magick works render the question moot because the energy will operate as those paradigms? But, that brings up the idea that you need enough belief in it to power the paradigm, as you would with a typical spell with our paradigm. And that would still make it our paradigm and not that of the other one, which wouldn't necessarily need our level of 'belief critical mass' to make it manifest.

Any ideas?

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login