nextuality

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
Grab
Adeptus Minor

nextuality

Post#1 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:33 am

When you decide to do a spell or a working for an intent, how do you know that the intent is worth the effort? And how do you select it among all the trillions of other intents possible to do at any time? How do you pick your NEXT intent?

I sometimes feel like using magick, just because I feel I should practice, but I might not have any really worthwhile intents... is this just lousy imagination on my part?

The only things I can think of is usually expensive items that I want to play with but can't afford, and I quickly realize the interest will fade soon anyway, so I don't even do the spell....

When I'm in a really bad situation, it's more urgent to do a working, but sometimes the exact intent is still not obvious. (Example, say you're in a long fight with your boss. Do you curse him? Do you make him quit? Do you make him sick so he won't come to work. Do you make him very happy and peaceful? Do you make yourself his favorite employee? etc)

Am I just a boring chump, or am I getting... enlightened? *brrrr*

(OK, lust spell still seems worthwhile... sex is FUN! Can't get enough of it, so I guess there goes my enlightened-theory out the window lol. Unfortunately, lust spells don't work very well for me.)
".. nothing but infinite chaos, stochastically dragged into existence by each and every observer according to their predispositions, and by manipulating these .."
(quoted from http://www.spiralnature.com/magick/chaosvseclectic/).

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login