The five forces of nature

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
Einherjar

The five forces of nature

Post#1 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:21 pm

I love science. I love magic. Sometimes it makes for interesting comparisons :ugeek: .

The five forces of nature - or whatever you want to call them have been thought for aeons to be spirit/air/fire/earth and water (regardless of the order) but honestly, this is a rather archaic ideology I think.
Our ancestors explained things as best they could but at risk of being shunned for heresy by the good people here I am going to propose a new system. A true system. I have used this instead of the old spirit/air/fire/earth and water for a while now and have noticed no difference in my magical working. So this is more to satisfy my own curiosity and to see what you guys think of this.
The ACTUAL forces holding our universe together are:
#1 Gravity: The universe, as we know it, would be destroyed if gravity was not in perfect balance
#2 Proton to Neutron Ratio: The neutron can exceed the weight of the proton by only a certain amount
#3 Photon to Baryon Ratio: The photon to baryon ratio is crucial to gravitational attraction
#4 Nuclear Force: The atoms are held together by a precise amount of attraction
#5 Electromagnetic Force: No chemical bonds could form if it were different

I don't see this as putting science before our darling eerie magic but as far as I'm concerned, this makes me feel like I'm closer to the universe if I acknowledge it for what it really is instead of sticking to earthbound element.

Now is it coincidence that the actual forces responsible for matter and anti matter (and life as we know it) are numbered at 5? The same number originally proposed by the adept of our art? I'm pretty sure the ancient ones know what they were doing but were lacking the proper knowledge to express it adequately. Their magical system worked decently the way they had it. It makes no difference really what you acknowledge those forces to be as far as I can tell.. you could probably proclaim them to be Saffron/sugarcane/liver/hymen and tarantula if you had the conviction to back it up... or perhaps it needs other alterations to complement this system - who knows?
Something I like brainstorming about. :thinking

What do you guys think?

Einherjar

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login