[ Evocation & Shamanism ]

Discuss any aspects of Magic not covered in our more specific forums.

Topic author
FraterFL
Neophyte

[ Evocation & Shamanism ]

Post#1 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:49 pm

I wanted to start a thread to describe my experiences of incorporating shamanism (specifically dream magic) with evocation. And I would like to hear from others regarding their experiences. So hear it goes.

I started performing evocations some time ago. Since that time I have performed somewhere in the range of 100+ evocations. All using the prerequisite tools, time, incantations, prayers, etc. What I had noticed after some time was that I was making contact, although it seamed very hit-or-miss. Different systems had different effectiveness.

But what remained the same throughout all my experiences was that the ritual assisted me to focus a single point of intent for great lengths of time. Usually between 1-3hours I could feel a noticeable buzzing about me. Very similar to static electricity. In my opinion this is what others have called being enflamed with prayer. And the closer to the full moon, the stronger the effect was, (although I have no logical explanation).

While in this electrified state, if a trance state was induced or crossed (by trying to sleep), the spirit would manifest visually. Visually to me, but not to others. The stronger the connection the more human and logical the manifestation. When the connection is strong enough, the spirit can even take control of the physical body if the magician is passive. I've experienced my own body speak, act, and move in ways that are not my own for brief periods, even though I am wholly cognizant of what is transpiring. A weak connection may yield no results at all or illogical nonsense of words, phrases, images and symbols. Synchronicities tend to occur even at the weakest of connections, but I have a tendency to disregard them because there is no scientific way to analyze them.

With all that having been said, for me it is almost impossible to enter a trance state intentionally. And when I have entered it, I only stay there briefly. I also can find no correlation between what should be the best time to contact a spirit and when they're actually available (other than planetary hours), even then its only 40% of the time at best. On top of that, the actual spirit may not come, they may send an alternate, which is typically less endowed (not to speak ill, it is still a wonderful interaction).

So, in my own desperation, I started looking for methods used in other systems for 'rending the veil' between the physical and spiritual worlds. In actuality it seems that the physical body is the source of the veil, so the body has to be shut off while maintaining consciousness. I tried many techniques, like self-hypnosis, OOBE, and nagual shamanism (lucid dreaming).

It just so turns out that Nagualism has always been a favorite and specialty of mine (that's a different story). I can usually induce 1-3 lucid dreams per week when I am practicing. So, I decided that I would attempt an evocation from a lucid dream. My very first Lucid Dream evocation involved the Enochian entity EXARP. He showed up after only 3 vocal calls to his name, somehow his presence solidified the dream and there we were staring at each other. I was floored in disbelief. After about thirty seconds, he spoke first, "How are you?". I replied ecstatically "Fine!" Afterward we had a brief dialogue of Q&A.

Having proven to myself that it is possible, I began to call to many different spirits, over all I have had about 10 different successful evocations from a lucid dream state. The results are WAY better than I ever achieved during a waking state.

But there are still inconsistencies. I have noticed that there are times that they can not show up, that are beyond my understanding. I would say that 60% of the operations are successful. I have never had to call the name more than 4 times, (if they have not shown by the 4th time then it won't be successful.) I have also noticed that with each call, the dreamscape changes. I am starting to believe that each call is an unintentional astral shift. The dreamscape somehow merges with the astral world of the spirit and it spiritually drains me. I lose my lucidity with each call. However, if the evocation is successful the spirit somehow stabilizes the lucidity, I have theories, but no certainty why that is.

The spirit also does not leave when I wake. If I fall back into another dream, the spirit is still present, although over time the connection degrades. From seeing a constant physical body, to seeing a shifting physical body, to seeing animal bodies, to a 2-dimensional being, to hearing a voice, then to pure feeling, then to synchronicities. Although I will say, that in a waking state only synchronicities are witnessed. If the spirit is polarized one way or another, it will most definitely have an archetypal affect on my own consciousness. Fire making me very irritable, water making me very witty, air making me very artistic and light-headed, earth making me very verile and sexualized, etc.....

So, with that, I'd like to hear from others, perhaps techniques for inducing and maintaining trance, lucid dream evocations, etc. I am particularly interested in learning to communicate while awake in the same manner. Some say it is possible, but I don't seem to be able to discern any practical method.
3rd° MM, 32nd° AASR, YR - Chapter, Council & Commandery, HOGD

אהיה אשר אהיה

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login